Solved Pickup incoming call while on a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ajohnson443, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajohnson443

I want to be able to pickup new calls even if I am on a call. i.e. place first call on hold, answer incoming, then if needed place them on hold while I switch back to first call..

As it is all new calls go straight to VM.

I tried using a call group in a simultaneous ring setting but now the new calls only ring on the other extensions with no indicator of a new call on my extension..

What am I missing here? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is an option in each extension settings that allow the extension to take more than one call. You need to enable (tick) that.

3. ajohnson443

If this is what you are referring to then it is checked..
    options.jpg

Weird?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, Accept Multiple calls. It has been called several things over the years, depending on the version used.

5. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ajohnson443,

An extension which is part of a ring group or queue will not be able to answer multiple calls. That is the essence of a ring group, as if you have a lot of calls, it would be impossible for one extension to handle all the calls, without some of them being unanswered.
    If you want the "Accept multiple calls" feature, remove your extension from the Ring group and try it.

6. tim942

You can still get away with this if you are set as a manager of the group and you are actively watching the "Q-Manager" view.

You may need to setup a custom phone template in 3CX depending on your phone. Yealink's pretty much require changes from the default for most functionality.

7. ajohnson443

Yes, I figured this out yesterday when testing. It is now working as expected. Thanks for an awesome product!

8. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ajohnson443,

Glad the issue is resolved, and thank you for your feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.