Pickup parked call from 3CX for Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by TheInternship, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheInternship

My boss has an Android and he would like to park a call on his desk phone and then pick it up from his Android. He has a Samsung Galaxy III. I'm assuming on 4G where we are. We are on v12. Any ways around this problem would be much appreciated. :D

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

*00, *10.

If you are using SPs.. do yourself a favor and add forwarding extensions which transfer to the SPs. Example: 101 forwards to SP1. Works to park and unpark on SP1.. and works better for the manufacturing shop floor and mobile 3CXPhone users.

3. vb3cx

Can you please explain how this should be configured, it sounds very interesting!

P.S. *00 etc. don't seem to work with the 3CX app on my phone ('number not found' error)

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I got it from an old post here. Make some extensions which forward to "external numbers".. and put in the shared park numbers there.

From a user perspective.. they can then dial these extensions (101 through 109.. for SP1 through SP9 for example) and either transfer calls into those spots.. or better pickup parked calls using those extensions.

From a receptionist perspective.. they can transfer calls in all the same.. as well as with the sidecar addons to their handsets for more BLFs, they get a clear picture of occupied shared parks.. worked well for them as well since they were usually the ones parking the calls.

I "want" to say it worked for normal parks as well.. but it has now been at least a few years since I used that idea and went with it. :)

5. vb3cx

Thank you for taking the time to explain this! I think with this info i should be able to make it work.

6. WolfgangOne

Hello, people of the past! Sorry for the gravedigging, but we have a local 3CX v15 SP3 set up, and everything is working pretty well. Most of my frustrations are things that I, tinkerer, want to fiddle with but there's no real way to fiddle with them. Oh, I'd also like to be able to feed in an external caller ID source like OpenCNAM. But, that's off-topic.

We're an IT company, and we quite like the notion of our technicians being able to bring their extension out into the field, and have used this already, and in this capacity, it worked fine.

The scenario I encountered the other day, however, I'm not sure how to deal with.

A technician in the field had called another firm (some manufacturer or service provider, etc.). Later, while he was still in the field, that firm called back in for him, but didn't have/didn't key in his extension. I took this call. Now, we ended up handling the situation just fine (one of our staff texted him almost immediately so he called the firm back), but it raised some questions. Typically, we park the call on one of our shared parking extensions, then intercom over to the other person, then they pick up the parked call.

As far as I can tell, the v14.0.57 Android (and iPhone, I believe) apps do not appear to contain BLF panels or any other immediately apparent means of accessing the parking orbits, nor any way that we could find to create speed-dials, so that users wouldn't have to remember the dial codes to access the parking orbits... assuming I could get that to work at all.

3CX shows dial codes of *0[orbit#] to park, *1[orbit#] to pickup. However, with a call parked in SP1, dialing *0[anything, or no orbit at all] results in "Forbidden", and *1[same] in "Not found."

The shared parking works perfectly fine on our Yealink phones, but I cannot for the life of me determine how to access any parking from our cellphones. Is there some way that we're missing to call up a BLF panel? And is the Shared Parking somehow separate from the dial-code parking orbits? Is there something I need to configure to enable the dial-code parking orbits, if so?

We've tried setting up an extension 101 that forwards to these, but it causes the same effect - either forbidden, or not found.

Really, the worst case scenario is that we teach our users to do attended transfers instead, but it would be absolutely capital if we could figure this out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

Please note that shared parking and orbit parking are separate. The Shared parking you can only do with blf's while the orbit parking can be don with dial codes. So if you park a call in SP1 you will not be able to retrieve it using *11.
    You will need to park the call at *01 to pick it up with *11.
    There is no blf panel on the mobile clients so you will have to use the orbit parking if you wish to park a call for them to pickup.

8. Steven Aleman

Wow that is cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.