Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Pin Lock Yealink T20 Handset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by instra4, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instra4

Hi All,

I am just trying to secure an extension in a public area on the system 3CX V10

What i want to do is use a Yealink T20 and have the user be able to use the internal extensions as per normal but to dial out on an external call i want to put in a pin number to facilitate this just so that unauthorised persons cant dial out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Danny

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Search the forums - this is discussed many times.

The basic idea is to use the prefix for outgoing calls in outbound rules as pin - like instead of dialing 9 1234567890 (9 is the prefix for outbound call and is stripped) to use something like 9 *1234* 1234567890 and to strip 7 digits (*1234* is the pin).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. instra4

Apologies for not finding this. I did a fair bit of searching but couldnt turn up anything.

Thanks for the response, i will try this and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.