Pin Protect Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does it make sense that Pin Protect affects Bridge calls? I know in Theory - it's really just another "provider"...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Are you speaking with regard to a password for the bridge itself or relative to the mailboxes...on either or both sides?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I understand the need for a Password for the bridge to connect. That's just plain security.

I am referring to Pin Protect IVR. If I enable Pin Protect for an extension and they try to call a remote site via the bridge (dial their extension) they need to instead dial 777 and enter their pin, then make their call.
    It seems we should be able to allow Bridge calls, but use the Pin Protect for Trunk/VOIP calls to providers.
    But in the current setup, it seems the Pin Protect feature also blocks Bridge calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The thinking may be that it is not just other extensions, reachable over some bridges, it may also be (outside) calls that could incur charges. In most of Europe (and other areas), even local calls can be, and are, charged for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.