• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pirelli DP-L10 Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have reasonable experience of 3cx v8 and v9, linksys, cisco, yealink sip phones and so on but i've come across this Pirelli Wifi phone and I'm struggling to get it working.

I have connected it to wifi, input all the parameters into the sip settings, i can see the phone attempting to register with wireshark, the 3cx server responds to the registration request with proxy auth required, and then the phone resends the same original registration request - this differs to e.g. our yealinks which respond with additional info to the proxy auth required message.

In the settings I've set the register server, the proxy server and the outbound server to the IP of the PBX, and for the port settings for all these i have left it as default 5060 - is this correct or should some port settings be 5062?

Is there something specific to this handset i need to set up?

Current pbx is on v9, sp5a 9.15781

Thanks,

Guy

Guy said:
for the port settings for all these i have left it as default 5060 - is this correct or should some port settings be 5062?

If you are going to be using it internally (same LAN as 3CX) then you can leave it as 5060. If you plan on using it behind other routers, then I would recommend changing it to something higher as there is a chance that some other SIP device may exist on the other network that is already using 5060, or even 5061.

Other than that, I haven't used that particular handset before, sorry.

Thanks Lee, thats one less setting i can worry about!

It is to be used just on the local LAN with the PBX.

I've been playing around with the settings some more this pm but no joy, i'm hoping someone who's used one before will spot this and join in.

Thanks,

Guy

With 3CX, you just have the user (the phone number) and a password, as variables. On many devices, you have more than two places to put them, and, they may be called names that don't relate to the info you are trying to put in. Sometimes it's just a matter of trial and error until you get the right combination.
You might need to put the local 3CX IP in more than one location, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.