Placing a call via web or tcxassistant rings the caller

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coldtech, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldtech

http://192.100.101.10:5481/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=111&to=112&pin=1234

tcx.assistant.client.exe -cmd makecall:112

either of these rings the extension placing the call(111) not the desired extension(112).

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If i understood what exactly you're trying to say, then yes this is correct behavior.

- You are trying to make a call from 111 to 112.
    - Run the following command: http://192.100.101.10:5481/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=111&to=112&pin=1234
    - 111 Rings and you pick up
    - Then 112 begins to ring and he picks up

Congratz, you are now talking to 112.
    Do you now understand why 111 is ringing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coldtech

No, I did not realize I'd have to answer a call to make a call in this manner.

The additional problem with that is it causes my incoming call popup to fire for the MakeCall from 3cx assistant
    I do not want a popup of my external program (a web page in this case) if I am calling myself via makecall.
    (This explains my other post on this matter though).

3cx Assistant should have an option to ignore Notifications if they are from MakeCall.

The phone also does not display what number you are calling, just From:MakeCall and MakeCall as the TO number.

4. coldtech

I guess I'll have to write an application rather than a web url and dismiss any with an origin of MakeCall.

Slop but it will work.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

It HAS to work that way. Let me give you a scenario.

You place a make call to an external number. If 3cx called this number without calling your extension first and they answered then what? They would hear your extension ring? So they would get a phone call from someone and when they answer they would hear another line ring?? Also, what if the other person didnt answer? Confused? Unhappy?

So 3cx ensures the extension is on the other end first.

I havent read the other post so not sure about that. What is the problem with the pop up on your screen? It doesnt pop up on the web page, it is the assistant so only pops up on the calling extension assistant.

To me that is good. Another scenario. Have a website with a contact us page. Put in your phone number and we will call you, so the customer does that. I am sitting at my desk working when this call is initiated. I get the make call pop up. Great! I now know a customer wants to talk to me, from our website (as I didnt initiate it) so i can be prepared. I dont care about the number being called - i will see that in the assistant as soon as i pick up the make call and it starts ringing their number.

Which part of all this is bad and why?

if you want the feature to ignore make call in the pop up then I would put it as a feature request at http://3cx.ideascale.com and if it gets enough votes it will be implemented assuming it is possible to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. coldtech

I wont argue the makecall function ringing the handset, thats fine now that I understand it.

What I don't want is for it to be handled as an incoming call and executing the program configured in 3cx assistant.

I do not need caller information on a inbound call from caller MAKECALL. They are not a paying customer.

7. coldtech

No need to change it, I can handle it myself now that I understand how it works.

Thank you both BTW for the speedy replies, it is greatly appreciated.

8. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Put it as a feature request.

We are software developers and just like 3CX we cant and dont think of every scenario. Thats why we use user feedback.

Just because I like the current function doesnt mean your request is not worth implementing. I may not use it but doesnt mean some of my staff wont use it.

When we write user interface screens and buttons we give the users many different ways to do the same thing (mouse, arrow keys, enter key, tab key, shortcut keys) as people use different things that they are comfortable with.

so I would put the request in (we have about 10 feature requests in currently). You never know - it could come out in the next version!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.