Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Placing calls without having to use the # button

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jschlatter, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschlatter

This may be a silly question, but is it possible to setup the 3cx system to make calls without having to hit the # key after entering the number?

2. Cjay

Cjay New Member

This is most likely a function of the phone you are using (and not 3cx). Generally IP phones process the # as an indication that the user has finished dialing the number and that the collected digit string should be sent to 3cx - the alternative being that after a preset delay the phone will send the digits (i.e. phone thinks you have completed dialing). Of course if you can program your IP phone with an appropriate dial plan (so it can perform necessary digit analysis and tell when you have finished dialing) then the # or delay would not be necessary. [Note this dial plan is entirely different to anything you may program into 3cx and depends on the dialed number format - which in turn may vary depending on your phone system/country]

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It works the same as on your mobile phone.
    Enter number then press the "green" button to call.
    Some SIP phones use '#' as the "green" button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jschlatter

I understand the reasoning behind it and don't have huge issue with it myself. However my user base is a tad bit technophobic and I was hoping that I could remove this so that they are more comfortable with it during our transition.

Thanks for the suggestions, we are using the Cisco SPA504G phones so I will see if I can track down any settings relating to delay times.

Thanks again...

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Cisco phones should have the ability to construct a a dialplan within each set. This will allow certain digit combinations or digit lengths, to be sent out immediately to the PBX. You would then only have to wait, or use the # key when dialling numbers of an unknown length, like an overseas call.

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.