Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Placing Outgoing Calls Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RonnyG46, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonnyG46

I'm new to VOIP. My system. Linksys SAP3012 VOIP GATEWAY, Linksys Router, Aastra 53i phones.

At this time I ONLY have one PSTN line setup to use. NO VOIP yet. I want to get it running on the PSTN Line FIRST.

I am able to call other extensions on network by using the EXT number.

I am am to answer in-coming PSTN line calls and hear / talk with the person.

I can NOT make outgoing calls. That's where I need help.

I attached my phone log.

Please help with any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

You need to set up an outbound rule as specified in http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual6/phone-system39.html

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. galal202

galal202 New Member

also you need to change port to 5061 in spa and 3CX
    also check the volt status

4. tekknow

I do not think this is sound advice. I think the only place to change the Port in 3cx changes it system wide, There is no need to change it if you have no conflicts on the system for that port.

As for the SPA, any 2 Port SPA ships with the Local Ports at 5060 and 5061 , this is to avoid conflicts , and also a way of differentiating that a call goes to 192.168.1.2:5060 vs 192.168.1.2:5061. It is also useful for NAT mapping. This local port however has nothing to do with the server port. For instance when STUN is used, the local port may be 11103 while the remote server port is 5060. There is no need that they are the same

The Volt status he refers to is the line voltage. You can use this as a rudimentary way to determine if the line is on hook or off hook. Off hook voltage is about 48V and on Hook is about 5v. Beyond that it is really not too useful for diagnostic purposes, unless of course you are rural and have a very long line loop, or are right next door to the Telco CO and it is very short, or perhaps on a system tghat does not conform so well to the norm.

5. RonnyG46

Hello,

I'm still unable to make an outgoing call. I added the Outbound Rule.

Below I attached my >> 1. Server Status 2. Extension Setup 3. Line Setup 4. Outbound Call Rule.

The Server Status is after I made the changes and tried a outgoing call.

Thanks for your help.

RonnyG46

6. galal202

galal202 New Member

I'm sory but Your words pushing me to say "I do not think you know spa3102"
    ports must be 5060 and 5061 on both ends
    I said check volt because the default volt to detect in spa3102 is 30 volts so if his pstn volt less than 30 he will never can do a call before modify it to 10 or 5

when some one has small issue it means he has not enough experince
    so he needs simple ansowers

7. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello RonnyG46,

because of spa3102 dial plan change * to any number

8. RonnyG46

I changed the dial rule from * to 9.
    Is that what you meant?

Still no connection.

In the report you can see that it sees the number with the 9 and then removes it, but the call fails.

Attached is Server Status report.

Thnaks for your help.

RonnyG46

9. galal202

galal202 New Member

reset to factory set and reconfig again
    do not forget pstn port in 3cx server must be 5061

10. worksighted

worksighted New Member

It looks to me like you are receiving a 404 error back from the gateway device. This would lead me to believe 1 of 2 things. Either your pbx is not registered to the gatway properly or the gateway device does not know hoe to route that number itself.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. RonnyG46

Hello,

Is there a way to check and make sure the DBX is properly registered to the Gateway?

Another Ques: In the Aastra 59i SIP PHONE config > What address should be listed for the Proxy Sever? What device is this for?

Thanks for your help.

RonnyG46

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.