Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Planet VGW 400 with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VSIS_DR, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VSIS_DR

Hi,

Im using 3cx 15.5.5 with planet Voip gateway ,intercom is working fine but inbound and outbound calls are not working , in voip gateway sip trunk already registered with 3CX and outside calls are coming until gateway.
    sip trunk and line status atttached
    PSTN line connected to the FXO port 1

what could be the issue?

thanks

Attached Files:

A.Archchunah likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @VSIS_DR

Please note that it is always recommended using a supported device with 3CX as these have been tested and known to work. They also come with configuration templates so there is no need to manual configuration from your side. You can find a list of supported FXO devices here.

As far as i can see from the provided screenshots the gateway is not registered in 3CX so that is the first thing you need to check. When the device registers the gateway in 3CX will go green. Since you have manually configured the gateway check your settings again and make sure the device registers.

3. VSIS_DR

hi YiannisH_3CX

Thank for your reply..
    GW is now registered with 3CX (first Pic)
    but in 3cx sip authentication option , i cant change the authentication ID ( create extension and i cant insert that created extension as authentication ID)

do i need to create virtual extension for the GW?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Why do you want to register the GW as an extension? Why not route the calls to an extension through the gateways settings? 3CX will not let you change the virtual extension number created for gateways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.