Planet VIP-156 and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Freestyle, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Freestyle

Hi does any one know if it possbile to use the planet vip-156 with 3CX

i have tried the following settings in the vip-156

Active: on

Displayname 1001
    linenumber: 1001
    registername: planet
    registerpasword: planet
    domainserver: 192.168.70.102 ( ip 3cx server )
    proxyserver: 192.168.70.102 ( ip 3cx server )
    Outbound proxy: i did not fill in this field.
    Register period: 15
    status = registered.

When i call my phone number i only see activity at my VIP-156
    in 3CX he only say's that the line is idle.

Who can help me ! :)

2. rolf

Hi!

Greetings! I tried to use VOIP-phone Planet VIP 153PT with 3CX. For me worked the majority of functions, except for Call transfer. it was impossible to switch an entering bell from the phone to another extension. Besides at switching a call from another VOIP the phone to Planet, the call did not pass. It seems to me, that 3CX don't support Planet yet...

3. Freestyle

Hi rolf thanks for your reply, but the vip-156 is PSTN to ETHERNET adapter is not a phone. My problem is that the vip-156 is not forwarding the call to my 3CX server. I think i did not enter the right settings yet.

but i cannot found any informatie about this device / how to configure with a 3cx server.

4. rolf

I have checked up adjustments - like you have entered all correctly.
    1) Try in 3CX adjustments of the adapter to untip " Support Re-invite ", and Tip "PBX delivers audio"

2) It can be the problem with FireWall. Check up, ports should be open:
    - Port 5060 (UDP) for SIP communications (send and receive)
    - Port 3478 (UDP) for communication with the STUN server (send and receive)
    - Port 9000-9003 (or higher) (UDP) (send and receive) for RTP communications, which contain the actual call. Each call requires 2 RTP ports, one to control to call and one f o r t h e call data. Therefore, you must open twice as many ports as you wish to support simultaneous calls via the VOIP provider. For example, if you want to allow 4 people to make calls via the VOIP provider simultaneously, you must open port 9000 to 9007.

Note that the above port ranges are the default ports in 3CX Phone System. You can adjust these ports from the Management Console, in the General > General Settings page. In this page, you can configure the ports to be used for internal calls, and the ports to be used for external calls being made via a VoIP provider.

5. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Freestyle,

I would like to confirm that the planet vip-156's RJ11 port connected with analog phone or PSTN line.

The planet vip-156 just a ATA adepter as an extension of 3CX phone system.

The registername should be same as an extension number. In your case, it should be 1001 not planet.

If I have misunderstanding your case. Please post your console log here for us to investigate.

6. Freestyle

Hi Rick thanks for your reply

The vip-156 is indeed connected on a PSTN line and ofcourse its connected to my network.

I have also tried with the registername as 1001 as well.

When i call my phone number i see at the vip-156 that there is a incomming call but he does not fowards it to the 3CX server.

When i look at my 3CX server it says that the line is idle. Satus led is green.

i also dont know where i can find a log from the vip-156 :/ its not written in any manual.

7. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

If you connected PSTN line to your Planet vip-156's RJ11 port may be kill your device. Since it should be a ATA adapter (the port type is FXS) which for analog phone or FAX machine. Not for connect to analog PSTN line.

If I'm not wrong. Your setting should be as below:

PSTN line --> FXO gateway (eg. Grandstream HT488) --> 3CX PBX ---> FXS gateway or ATA adapter (Planet vip 156) --> analog phone

8. Freestyle

Rick

thanks for all your information. I have orderd the Linksys SPA3102 today i saw that this product can do want i want.