Plantronics CS50

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jplinket, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplinket

I am trying to get the button on my Plantronics CS50 to answer and hang-up calls on the 3CX softphone. I read a few of the posts and have downloaded the Personocall Enterprise edition. The software finds the headset (and Skype) just fine, but will not find the 3CX phone. Is there a trick or something I am missing?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    First, Personocall should be running before 3CXPhone starts; then, Personocall should have "Lock headset radio link on" option unckecked in the Basic Options tab.

Which versions you're using - Personocall and 3CPhone? I'm asking because:

- 1. 3CXphone version should be recent enough to support Plantronics.
    - 2. Latest released 3CXphone version has a serious issue related to Plantronics (issue due, unfortunately, development of next major feature, multiple simultaneous accounts) consisting in a outgoing call being disconnected immediately when established. So, because of this, I recommend you either do don't use Plantronics with 3CXphone for few days (perhaps on Monday) when we will release a patch, either use a 4.0.10858 one.
    - 3. Plantronics released a new, say "universal", SDK, able - unlike Personocall - to handle all their phone models, SDK we plan to update the actual, older one, in our 3CXphone.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jplinket

3CX phone Ver: 4.0.10858.0
    Personocall Ver: 2.11.7

Lock radio on is and has always been unchecked.

Should I be using something other than personocall?

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

No, Personocall should be enough :roll: Please try the following test:

first, on the Preferences dialog, select one audio device to be Plantronics - it should be listed there (this has no relation with Personocall and headset handling, but it tells that the headset is "seen" by the system)
    Then, with 3CXPhone running, unplug the headset from its USB socket, then wait few seconds - around five - on the display a warning message "audio system changed" should be shown. Wait a little, then plug the headset back - the same scenario should happen. Also, this event is traced in phone's debug window (menu/debug). Please tell me if this message appear.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jplinket

The headset was listed in the microphone and speaker sections of the preferences screen. I unplugged and plugged the headset back into the USB port and got the "Audio system changed" message both times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.