Plantronics-H251N w/DA45 adapter

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Erling Computer, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erling Computer

Looking for opinions / recommendations on this headset for use with the 3CX phone.

Want to be able to utilize the buttons on the DA45 to control answer/hangup, volume, and mute.

I've read that the 3CX phone supports the Plantronics headset buttons, but couldn't find a specific list of approved headsets.

Any opinions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Murray Messelt
    Erling Computer Solutions
    Austin, TX

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, by any chance did you install Plantronics software. Also you need to run the plantronics software with the 3cx Phone. All Plantronics suppose to use the same configuration for answes/hangup/volume and mute.

The model which is tested and supported by 3CX for answer/hangup/volume and mute is the PerSono Call VERSION 2.11.7 Model CS50-USB

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Erling Computer

Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I went ahead and ordered the headset and adapter so I've had a chance to try them out.

I installed the Personocall software and it recognizes the DA45 USB adapter and the H251N headset just fine, but the 3CX phone doesn't show up in the "supported softphones" window (where I think it would be, if Personocall could see it). When I push the control buttons on the USB adapter (talk, mute, volume) the user interface shows the buttons being pushed, , but they have no affect on the phone.

So, I guess I'm stuck. (the headset sounds great though, and the volume and mute buttons work fine)

My client still needs a headset with a "push to answer" capability though, and it would be great if there was a list of specific Plantronics devices that the 3CX phone can fully interface with (i.e. tell to answer and hangup).

From what I've been able to gather so far, that would include ...

The CS50-USB (just learned that from you!),
    and the Plantronics Bluetooth USB Adapter BUA-100 (which pairs with the popular Voyager cell phone headset).

Does that sound right?

I got the impression from other posts that all Plantronics headset devices that used the Personocall software, would be able to link to the 3CX phone. From my experience with the DA45, I'm pretty sure that that isn't the case. It would be a big help if the specific headset products that do support "push to answer" were listed on the same "supported devices page" that the supported phones and gateways are on. For the customers I've been talking to so far, the choice of headset is a very big deal.

Anyway, thanks for the CS50 recommendation, and please let me know if you know of any others that work, or if you think there might be a way of getting my DA45 adapter to link up. The H251 headset is by far Plantronics biggest seller in the enterprise market, and would be a nice selling tool for 3CX if it was fully supported.

Thanks again,

Murray Messelt
    Erling Computer Solutions

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Murray Messelt,
    I would highly recommend the Plantronics Persono Call CS50-USB. I am 100% sure that with the latest 3CX Voip Phone you will satisfy your client for Answering / Hangup / Mute / Volume. Also this was tested with the latest version of PersonoCall as described before.

Yes, I will make some research for your DA45 adapter and if I will have some answer I will send back to you immediately.
    Please let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Murray,
    did you install the Plantronics Software when the 3cx Voip Phone was still running. If Yes, you need to exit the 3cx Phone and restart the phone again.
    Also can you send me a screenshot of the Plantronics display where you have Headset Status / Headset Indicators / Softphone Status.
    Thanks

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Murray

We don't provided yet a list of "approved Plantronics devices", we will provide one as soon as possible.
    As a general condition, Plantronics' Personocall application should be started when 3CXPhone starts, and to have "Lock headset radio link on" option unchecked.
    However, you may find some feedback - which may prove useful to you - from other users here:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-softphone-wireless-headsets-13147.html#p67937
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/bluetooth-headset-issue-12815.html#p69410
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/headsets-recomendations-12632.html?view-post=65179#p65179
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/skype-disconnects-3cx-voip-calls-11320.html#p57951
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/is-stun-3cx-com-down-8739.html#p44784

About buttons - 3CXPhone's headset support is, let's say, oriented mainly to handle incoming calls using only one button - talk one. It acts like this:
    - you have an incoming call, button answer it
    - if while in this call, you have another call incoming, button will place current one into hold and will answer the ringing one.
    - button will end current call only if there are no other ringing in- or out- calls

Regards
    vali

7. rmayer

I have a DA45 and a HW111N-USB Plantronics headset, I have been unable to get the call button to work with the 3cx phone with either (the button works fine in x-lite). I have tried a few different versions of the persono software and have not had any luck, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The following headsets are supported:

Savi office (WO100/WO200/WO300/WO350)
    CS50/CS60-USB
    Bluemax (BUA100/BUA200)
    DA45, HW121.

For all of the above headsets these are the non-MOC (Microsoft Office Communicator) versions.

Please note this answer was provided by Plantronics and was correct at the time of writing.

9. rmayer

Can you provide a link to the non-MOC version of the HW121? I can't seem to find it on Plantronics website...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.