Play 2 wav files in Receptionist prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pat71, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat71

Hi,

How can i assign in the prompt 2 wav files at the same time, basically I have 2 wav files that I want to play when the call go to the digital receptionist.
    Is there way like create XML file like the one "ResponseOrdering.xml" where we can specify the name and order of playing the files.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this isn't going to be changed on a regular basis, and no other solution is put forward...I would suggest simply combining the two audio files, into one, with an application that allows you to do so.

3. pat71

the problem it will always change depending on the user status update and time back to office.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if you expect to be changing recordings "around" on a regular basis then. That being that case (if no other solution comes forward), you might consider pre-making a number of (longer?) recording to deal with various scenarios/hours and switch them around as needed.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You could create all the various Digital Receptionists with all the combinations you would need to use, then you could use the Voice Application Designer (VAD) to forward the call to the Digital Receptionist that would be needed depending on your needs.

This means that the flow would be something like this:
    Incoming Call -> Inbound Rule -> VAD Project -> Digital Receptionist

Information about the VAD can be found here:
    http://www.3cx.com/voice-application-designer/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.