• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Play audio and transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

markv

Reaction score
We use a script which plays audio and then transfers a call to a queue. But for some reason the audio file is played very short (0 seconds?) and call is transferred immediately. Is this a thing I don't understand on vad ?
I would like the audio file to be played completely and *then* transfer to a queue...

Based on the logfile below I would say the audio file is played for 0.7 seconds while the file takes somewhere between 2 and 3 seconds.

12:43:42.729|0464|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\NedFox_Debug_26\Disruption1.wav
12:43:42.753|0464|VXIMachine.cpp(1072):IvrDll, CallSession::prompts_Play(), Play Queued files
12:43:43.480|0464|api\VXItelImpl.cpp(148):IvrDll, VXItelImpl::Impl::IntrnTransfer(), Error! Error of 'From_616_To_811_Menu_811_#0/27' session transferring to sip:[email protected]:5060. Status: NEAR_END_DISCONNECT. Transfer error. Session stopped

Greets,
Mark.

Seems like I am going to give answer to my own questions on this forum, but by setting AllowBargeIn to false the file is played. So it seems that a previous (language) input selection is also processed as a bargIn at this stage? Should I do some 'reset' bargeIn somewhere?

Greets,
Mark.

Hi Mark,

This blog article explains a bit about the AllowBargeIn property, and the problem you had experienced:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/config-last-message-to-play-on-a-vad-app/

The bargein can be configured everywhere you play a message: using a prompt playback component, a menu component, a user input component, etc. If you set it to true, then DTMF digits will interrupt the prompt, otherwise messages will be played entirely. Also, before transferring or dropping a call, if you play a message you need to set AllowBargeIn to false to play it completely before the call ends.

Regards,

Oops so it's a know issue. Sorry about that. On the other hand, maybe an idea to add some functionality / changes to this.
Thanks for your answer.

Greets,
Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.