• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Play audio passed as array of bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.

linking13

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We need to play a Dynamically Created Audio but we doesn.t have any sound card installed on the machine so I have thinked to pass the wav file as a response from a webservice that create the correct audio on a dedicated machine.

Is possibile to play a wav passed as a response of a webservice?

Hi there!

You don't need a sound card to use TTS. Are you having issues to generate the audio locally?

In any case, of course you can do this remotely, transfer the files somehow to the 3CX server, and then play them from there. But I think it's more simple to do it locally.

Kind regards.

Hi,

I'm sorry but I have tried many times (I have asked to the forum too) how use TTS on a virtual machine but I wasn't able to do this in any way.

If is possible to use TTS functionality on a windows machine (in my case 2008 R2) running in virtual environment (vmWare) please give me the istruction on how to do this.

This was your reply to my post:

Re: Text To Speech and Virtual environment
Postby VAD_Support » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:45 pm

I have tested it with VMWare 8 and works, but I'm sharing the sound card from the host.
Are you in an environment without sound card at all? Can you try sharing the card from the host with the virtual machine?
Are you 100% sure that the API needs the sound card? We're setting the output to wav file. If you want to test in your environment, I can send you a deployment package for a simple callflow using TTS, so you can install it in your virtualized environment and test before purchasing the VAD license. Just let me know.

What error do you get when you try to use TTS from that server? This article explains how to get the different kinds of error messages:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-vad-applications/

Can't you share the sound card from the host server?

Anyway, if you want to do the WAV generation somewhere else, it's also possible. You can use a web service which stores the WAV file in a remote share, of retrieve the bytes as a response and then save those bytes locally. Finally you play the file using a Dynamic Audio Prompt. Are you having issues with this?

Regards.

The first thing that I have thinked is to use the Dinamically created file, but if was possible to play the file without saving it in a file.

Next friday I'll made some test and in case of problem I'll give you feddback

Thanks for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.