Play on Phone Exchange 2007

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telis, Jan 11, 2008.

1. telis

telis New Member

I can't get the Play on Phone feature of Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 to work with 3CX enterprise. It fails silently without a client-side error message.

The rest of the Exchange integration seems to work fine, and is great 3CX feature BTW (if only we also had true outgoing and incoming call control API that worked with hardphones ;).

I can even make a call using the directory lookup feature.

The application event log on the Exchange 2007 Server logs this (below) or similar whenever the Play on Phone feature is tried. I have tried external numbers too and the Exchange UM dial plan etc. looks OK to me. In fact I guess it must be since I can make calls using the UM directory feature.

Code:
    Event Type:	Warning
    Event Source:	MSExchange Unified Messaging
    Event Category:	UMCore 
    Event ID:	1087
    Date:		11/01/2008
    Time:		15:44:42
    User:		N/A
    Computer:	SERVER-LOBSTER
    Description:
    An outbound call to 201 could not be established. The selected outbound gateway "192.168.248.151" returned the error: "407 Proxy Authentication Required". The Caller ID used for this call was '201'. Contact the vendors who support your VoIP gateway and IP/PBX hardware for help troubleshooting the SIP response error code specified in the event description. You can also run diagnostic tests on your VoIP Gateway or IP/PBX hardware to make sure that the devices are operational. Additional information follows: A Sip request has failed.  The current operation is 'Opening'.  The session state is 'Connecting'.  The remote participant is 'sip:201@192.168.248.151;user=phone'.  The response code was '407'.  The response text was 'Proxy Authentication Required'.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any ideas?

Chris E, Telis

2. Spitz

Have the same problem here, can you get MWI working?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Currently that feature (play on phone) is not supported. We know about it and its on our to do list to add to future builds.....

Sorry about inconvenience

4. telis

telis New Member

Ok Nick, thanks for letting us know. Obviously it is a nice to have feature...

Spitz, no my MWI isn't working either. I'm not sure how to go about setting it up, the forum search seems down at the moment and I can't find anything about it in the docs. I'll have a look at it later in the week when search is hopefully back.

5. kustura

Are you guys talking about MWI feature in the latest build that was just released last week. In previous builds it was working fine, I upgraded to the new build Sunday and now MWI doesn't work!

6. Spitz

Never had MWI working with Exchange Server 2007 with SP1, tried thrid party addons but they wher rubbish. MWI workes when using 3cx for voice mail.