Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Play on Phone / UM problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhicken, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhicken

We are using Version 10 SP3 with Exchange 2010 UM for voicemail.

I have setup the "Play on Phone" feature just as described in the 3CX blog and it works -mostly.

Here is the issue:

Every 7 days the UMWorkerProcess on the Exchange Unified Messaging server recycles itself automatically.
    When it does this it changes the port it uses. It alternates between 5065 and 5067.
    Week 1 = 5065
    Week 2 = 5067
    Week 3 = 5065
    Week 4 = 5067...you get the idea.

When setting up the "Play on Phone" (as a Generic SIP Trunk) you specify port 5065 but when the UM server changes to 5067 the feature no longer works. I have to manually change the port in 3CX to match the UM port for it to work again.

So, I'm looking for a way to work around the issue by automating the port change in 3CX.
    Is there an xml or other file where the port information is kept that could be changed to match the UM server port?
    I'm hoping to write a script that will monitor the UMWorkerprocess port and update 3CX when it changes.
    I just need to know if the setting for a VOIP trunk can be changed in a file.

Any ideas? (does it even make sense?)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jhicken

I have found out how to change the port in the 3CX database by using the following command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\bin\pgsql\bin\psql.exe -p 5480 -d phonesystem -U phonesystem -c UPDATE gateway SET port = 5067 WHERE idgateway = 5 (idgateway 5 is the id for the Exchange VOIP in the DB)

It appears to change it in the DB but it doesn't seem to "APPLY" the change.

Does anyone know if PSQL has an apply feature??
    I thought it might just need to restart services but that didn't seem to help.

I'm so close to getting my script working and this looks to be that last thing I need to get working.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.