Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Play Ringing To Caller When Dialing Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mjchurch, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjchurch

I am evaluating 3CX, and before paying for a license, I'd like to know that it can perform in a certain way. Specifically, I want our callers to hear ringing when they call in while a range of extensions are dialed. In the FREE version, it appears as though this can only happen with a ring group. The only problem is that caller is encountered with silence during this period. Can this be remedied in the free and/or paid version?

From the server activity log it appears as though everything is functioning properly, and the ring group extensions do ring. Does a queue (not available in the FREE version) offer the functionality I am looking for?

Many thanks,

Michael J. Church

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Callers reaching a ring group should hear ringback tone. If you dial the ring group number (800?) from an extension, do you not get ringback?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.