• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Play Specific .wav File based on Session Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph_power

Reaction score
I'm attempting to play a specific .wav file to customers based on a session or database variable.

I have a total of 44 .wav files that need to be chosen based on the customer's location. I can pull the customers location based on my sql database and set a variable of 1-44 for the call session based on that location.

If I name the .wav files "1.wav", "2.wav", "3.wav", etc - I there an efficient way to choose the file to be played? I'm looking for a way other than a conditional component with 44 branches.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Hi,

If you can wait a couple of weeks for the next VAD version, then you will have that feature.

We are testing a new version which includes a new type of prompt to play. With this feature you can create the file name with an expression, so you can concatenate a variable and ".WAV" and you will have your file name. That is the way to go.

We're still testing this, so you need to wait for the release, but it is on the way.

Regards,

Hi,

We finally released a new VAD build, including the ability to play prompts and composing the file name dynamically, using expressions.

This is what you need to make your project easily.

Regards,

Hi,
Can you advise how to compose the filename of a prompt dynamically in VAD? I can only see the option to add a collection of prompts in the 'Prompt Playback' component...

Thanks.

Ha! I wasn't on the latest version of VAD! (Which is strange as I was sure I downloaded it from tits main download page). Anyhow. Used this link http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-voice-application-designer-build-3679/
and followed translated instructions here: http://www.3cx.es/blog/vad-archivos-dinamicos/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.