Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Play wave but don't answer call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kneza, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kneza

Hi,
    I'm trying to solve situation, when I need to play some message, but don't pickup the call - for example something like "Called party is not available right now, because he is in meeting. Call later" and then End call.
    I'm using digital receptionist for this right now...

2 things:
    1) is it possible somehow to play wave without answering call (like mobile operators do?)
    2) is it possible to log call like unanswered in cdr?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You cannot play a message without answering the call (sending answer supervision back to caller). In many cases (SS7 type trunking), audio is not cut through, until answer supervision is received.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Yikes, you are speaking Greek to me leejor, but I concur with your assessment that there is no way within 3CX to play a message without answering the call. As a result, the CDR will show the call as answered.

The assumption is, as you have stated, that you don't want voicemail as an option. Therefore, your solution to send the caller to a Digital Receptionist seems like the most logical approach.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It is a great idea... and essentially, the call is being answered by a DR of sorts... that plays back the assigned/selected message.
    If everyone had a DR with a few programmable greetings, it could work.
    Inbound Call to x199. Receiver pressed DR1 button, and they get transfered to DR199 option 1. Message plays. Hangs up.
    And each option could have Take message YES/NO.

Can't do this now... but its fun the think about.

-=-=-=-=-=-
    I've had this idea where my voicemail is DR. And in the greeting it can say "Press 2 to have me paged in the building.Press 3 to leave a message, etc"
    Call put on hold. Siri (or Cortana o_O ) says over a Ring Group/MC Paging Group: "recorded name" you have a call holding.
    With a message like that, user knows its on their personal hold. And can pick it up on *1<ext>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kneza

I think, that DR should have some checkbox or something like that, which can say if it means that call was answered or not...
    Right now, with all calls ending with message, we have all calls answered, even it was just message, that recipient is not available ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.