Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Playing music on hold from the beginning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lukas, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukas

Ok, I browsed the previous posts and found that people were complaining that music on hold was always playing from the beginning. But that doesn't seem to be happening any more, or at least not for the queues.

In my setup the music on hold file for the queues contains messages that must be played in a sequence. It seems that the only way is to mix them into the music track, and I am fine with that. But how do I make the music track start from the beginning for every call?

2. captivateglobal

Previously, the Music on Hold setup would play from the start every time, and a lot of people complained about this, so it was changed to random start. As far as I am aware, there is no ability to customize any part of the music on hold setup.

You could effectively, though, create a queue. Route all callers into this queue, and set your music on hold file as your queue ringback file. Not an elegant solution but it just may meet your needs.

3. JamesIOH

Just a tip, if some users are providing feedback that want option to do something (eg: have Music on Hold start randomly) then put in an option, don't change the functionality for users who had it working the way they wanted (eg: having Music on Hold start from the beginning each time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.