Please add a Chat History to 3CX Assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

It will be great to add a small nice feature to store a chat history in 3CX Assistant interface.

Any modern messenger has this feature.

2. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

I vote for this. Many user ask me for this feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Really? It's nice to know that the chat feature is being used, we've never had any feedback on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

It not used widely because it have very limited features. There is no history, no nice user interface..

5. carltoncl

I disagree. Our users make heavy use of the 3CX Assistant chat facility. I agree that a history would be very useful. If you get the chat popup and dismiss it, then the other user types something back, you cannot see your prior conversation.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The chat feature may not get the use it could because its just inadequate. it feels like it was an afterthought instead of a well thought out feature.

Top should have a row of icons: Call | Voicemail |Monitor | Barge | Record Call | Copy Chat Log | Save Chat Log

You should also be able to send files, images, urls

If the chat was improved like this it would become much more of a call center manager's tool vs just a simple chat box.

7. coli

I agree. Chat History should be on the 3cx assistant client

8. nienunb

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this topic...

When upgrading the phone system and Assistant program to ver. 8, I showed the Chat feature to the users here at our office. The very first question I received from them was: "Is there a chat history?" I explained that there is no chat history, but...

No matter what I said after that point, they had made up their minds to not use it.

I tried explaining that a seperate IM program (we currently use Live Messenger) would no longer be needed if the Assistant IM was used instead. PC resources would be freed up, the OS (Windows XP) will run faster overall...but to no avail. Of course, I could ENFORCE the use of the Assistant chat instead of another program, but that would actually cut down on productivity because there is no chat history.

The users didn't care about using emoticons and/or nudges, changing the text color or size, or having a fancy background image displayed while they chatted. They just wanted a chat history.

When the answer was no......well, we're still using Live Messenger.
    So, obviously, my office users and I would love to have a chat history included with the Assistant program.

Thank you,
    Nienunb

9. matictec

matictec New Member

+ additional buttons (call, invite to conference, monitor, send email (if it is set for extension))
    + chat history
    + a defined set of emoticons (some hate them, some loves them), urls detection, send files if possible
    + better design, like 3cx assistant itself

10. t4mack

+ 1 for chat history, and instead of multiple windows when chating with more than one user. place chat in one window with tabs for each chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.