In Progress Please bring meeting invitation method of V15.5 sp1 in web client back

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by wuyu, Nov 20, 2017.

In Progress Please bring meeting invitation method of V15.5 sp1 in web client back 5 5 41votes
5/5, 41 votes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wuyu

Hi 3CX Team,

After update to SP2 is not anymore possible to schedule a conference call as quick like SP1 -- you can't invite participants from web client

I did really agree with this post.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...nference-call-in-v15-5-sp2.51925/#post-213582

I know we could do that in a calendar. But the old way is perfect as well.

I use photoshop to create an idea photo. Could we keep new and old both?

bring meeting invitation back.jpg

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Ad-hoc conferences should be created like before, scheduled conferences could be created via calendar or with email directly -- this is the normal business logic. All other sharp movements simply expel customers from 3CX. All of mine customers, using conferences, and this number is over 100 are absolutely disappointed from SP2 and want back SP1 to have conferences in the old, I would say traditional way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SMS-Automation, Aputsiaq, 10m and 2 others like this.
  3. wuyu

Agree, we do have many Chinese customers don't use google, outlook, and office 365. For them, it is a disaster. SP1 is really a good way wo invite people to joint conference.

10m and sip.bg like this.
  4. narkumas

narkumas New Member

We do use good old normal Office with very normal Outlook. It IS a disaster!

SMS-Automation and 10m like this.
  5. MathieuDube

Quick question. Where can we download SP1, honestly need to rollback all my customers to that version ASAP...

10m and dezmocom like this.
  6. AndreyP

+1!!! Current conferencing with SP is TOTALLY useless. Management and users want to quickly create a conference from a softphone by just adding numbers, they do not need web client or calendar for this! It's an overkill!

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

For Linux -- install version 15.5.3849.1 following this post: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/daily-update-on-debian-downloads-beta.51890/ using command: apt-get install 3cxpbx=15.5.3849.1
    For Windows -- download from pCloud link: https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5Z4Wq07ZNoFbxxxcGakZChCLZM3IWqW6TIXYHT49hTjWAFzUq2iIy (will expire on 27-NOV-2017)
    Perhaps somebody could point out the exact name of the file at https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    10m likes this.
  8. Sean Jenkins

I've customers with on premises mail servers, this update has broken conferencing, roll back.

9. tKay

Please bring that Conference function back.
    It's so awful to explain this to our about 250 users.

Please, Please, Please stop wasting our time.

SMS-Automation, 10m and sip.bg like this.
  10. FYS

FYS

3CX has did it again! taking away features so can have something to put in back for next SP release (IF we ever gonna get it back again). I get it, you want to innovate, but taking away Mcdonald's Drive-Thru and force customers to order through the website is very counter-productive. This is the same blardy case as the Click-to-Call feature. But I guess that's the culture of 3CX huh. You can add features, you do not take away any features when we upgrade.

11. Anton S.

Please bring that Conference function back!!!

12. creative3

bring conferencing back so you can dial out from the softphone

13. Tony Lin

+10086!!! Please bring old conferencing back!
    New conferencing is not good for us:(

14. Alessandro Ferreira

Please bring back the way to schedule conferences .... I'm losing sales here in Brazil because of this ...

15. mv.ape

Please bring that Conference function back!!!!!
    The best vay to introduce this functionnality it's to prupose to users both method via soft and web interface. Not to impose a new method without information.

Thanks

#15 mv.ape, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  16. Eric_Tii

Please bring that Conference function back, we need this method via software.. like before the last act.

SMS-Automation, Aputsiaq and 10m like this.
  17. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

18. dezmocom

Hello Mr. Galea

Why would 3CX remove the call back feature for internal participants when an Audio Conference is created. Was a great diffentiator and something all our 3CX customers enjoyed. This is allowed the users to use many a times their 3CX mobile app (presence) to route calls to cell phones or home offices due to unforseen events - snowstorm, traffic, even home office because someone had to take care of thier child ....

Sensable option that should stay as is even with the new conferencing option methodology. The conference letter that is sent out or auto-populated from 3CX using GMAIL/Office365/Outlook/iCal could simpley state "like it used to " - Internal participants will be called by the 3CX system

Should be added back to the next service pack - SP3

Thanks

Andreas

19. 10m

10m

I find the new way of scheduling meetings is a huge step back for 3CX. I still have not gotten over removing click-to-call and multi tenant in v14. Please bring back our meeting schedule the way it was in sp1.

20. 10m

10m

Hi Nick.

When is SP3 going to be released? We need to have meeting scheduling back to the way it was. Sure we can add iCal, Google and the others but we need to have the ability to add participants on the fly like we used to be able to do before. Also click-to-call as it was is needed, especially now we have 3CX fqdns. And finally, having the phone system call the meeting participants at the time of the meeting needs to come back as well. These were some of the killer selling features from 3CX and we shouldn't loose it.

Yes the new features added in the service packs are good but having these features back would distinguish 3CX even further from its competitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.