Please consider these new features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by frankb, Apr 20, 2007.

1. frankb

Hello,

I too must mention how "FANTASTIC" this software is and based on how "bug free" it is, how many hours must have went into it to making it what it has become today. Great Job!!! and Thanks.

I have read within the forum a suggestion to incorporate a way to transfer a call to an extension via some type of key command. ie ... ##387 102 (102 being the extion number and ##387 being the transfer command for example). This then could be entered manually or programmed on a "programmable button" on a phone or extra button option. I would think that there would be possibly many features that could be created within this format ie... conference calling, bargin extension, pickup a call that is on hold on another phone, paging over an extension or group of extensions etc etc.

One last request that I would like to suggest is that within the extension setup you provide the ability to transfer the call into voicemail based on different criterian no answer, phone busy, not registered, etc. however only to the voicemail for that extension. Can you please provide a drop down that we can select what voicemail box to transfer them into. This would open up many different possibilities.

You are helping to make this a woderful world.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your great feedback! Yes its taken many hours on the part of the whole team, but its great fun :)

In regards to your feature requests - the phone usually has a transfer button, why would you want to use this key combination instead?

In regards to the voice mail - in the extension setup you can configure when to send to voice mail based on no answer and all that. but only to the users extension...... You would like to send the call to another persons voice mail? May i ask why?

What we do need and have scheduled is call pickup, i.e to be able to pick up a call from another extension.

3. John2007

It is a useful feature for PSTN phone which normally doesn't have a transfer button. :D

4. frankb

Hi
    I think that it is very important that you consider functionality by something that can be input on a standard phone. I believe that the transfer feature by these means is just the tip of the iceburg. For example the GXP-2000 (which is what I am unboxing as I type this) has programmable buttuns as well as the phones GXP-EXTV1.0 side car programmable button pad. It's 56 button keypad would provide functionality compairing to some of the biggest names in the telephony industry. I would be happy to research what some of the competition is offering as far as this type of functionality if you would be interested in seeing it. I own a computer store in Joliet, IL which a large portion of our business is installing telephone systems within client locations. I am very excited about offering 3CX to my client base, I believe that customers are demanding that their phones be placed on their internal network so that they may interact with the device in real time.

Regarding the other suggestion that I had made if you would provide the ability within the extension settings to be able to select the voicemail box that the caller would be transferred to, opens up many doors in programming the system. For example the first example that comes to mind is I could program a method to transfer a call to a voicemail box without ringing a the users physical phone. The scinerio I am speaking with a client who needs to speak with my partner however my partner is not in the office. There is another employee sitting at my partners desk so I don't want to send the call to my partners desk as the other employee might answer the call so I would like to send the call directly to my partners voicemail box. I could create what I would call a virtual extension that I would set to always transfer to voicemail and I would preset my partners voicemail box number. I would repeat this for each of my employees extensions so that I could transfer a call to any of their voicemail boxes directly. I was thinking that I would create some type of scheme such as 66101, 66102, 66103, 66104 etc as my "virtual extension" numbers which would be "66" plus the employees extension number so it would be easy for anyone to use this functionality.

I hope this information is of some value to you. Thanks!!

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback! In regards to the second example, could you not create a real extension instead of a virtual extension? Then configure all calls to the extension to go to voice mail immediately (this is possible)

Then you can route calls to this new "voice mail" extension from anywhere in the menus.....