please explain E164 processing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gulib, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulib

100% of our phone numbers stored in address books are stored with the plus (+) sign in front and then country/city/number
    My voip provider requires numbers to include country and city always, but no plus sign, no 00, no 011...just country/city/number.
    Solving this was simple enough by strippong 1 digit on all outbound routes. So it does work.

I tried using the included E164 processing feature, but wasnt able to get a config that would work.
    Seems there is no option to just remove the +, it always adds something. The fields with what to add cannot be left empty.

Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?
    Is my strip 1 digit the right way to solve this?

thanks
    gulib

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi gulib,

If i understood correct you just strip the first digit which is the + sign and the number stays as your provider needs it. If you enable remove same country in the E.164 format settings then when you make a call in the same country area the country code will be removed, but as you said your provider needs it. Please do check if you have disable the remove if same country option and give us feedback.

3. gulib

Disabling e164 AND stripping the first digit works perfectly.
    I was just wondering if it was possible to ONLY strip the plus sign with e164. I suppose not.
    thank you!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if (except for the + sign), the numbers are already in the correct format. Many users want to be able to use a + and have that converted to the correct prefix , in the same manner as a call from your mobile.

gulib likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.