Please help for configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alberto Meyer, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Alberto Meyer

Please if anybody can help, much appreciated:

My scenario

I have installed 3CX server on a remote computer, a VPS, and setup the firewall rules. I only need Voip Sofphones, not need PSTN lines, etc

Here in my house, I have a D-Link router plugged in a ADSL line. from my computer, i have another lan with a hub. I have installed the softphone in my computer, direct connect to de router DLS, and another softphone (both from 3CX) in a computer on a lan. Both register nicely on server, but they can

2. NigelG

RE: Issues

Hi Alberto,

In the extensions setup under advanced options on your 3CX server is the extension that is remote set to "device is external" and "bind to media server" if not then try that first.

3. Alberto Meyer

I have tried. Nothing happens. Now, when I try to call from my internal lan, it reports 47:Resources Unavailable. Calling from my computer to a computer inside internal Lan, nothing happens, but show thde status Calling.

4. dekatech

Alberto,

Could be a software firewall on one or both of your computers. Make sure the windows firewall or third party firewall is disabled or configured properly to allow necessary port traffic.

Travis

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Alberto,

Make sure that both extensions are set to "Device is external". Make sure they register and then send us the server status log after you made a call.

Ensure that you are using a supported soft phone by the way.

It looks like a network configuration issue, but with the logs we will be able to confirm that.

6. Alberto Meyer

I have disable the Firewall. Both are set to external. I