Please Help Me Setup Remote Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zconkle, Sep 12, 2007.

1. zconkle

Can someone please tell me how to configure a remote extension? I have 3cx running on a dedicated machine at the office and I would like to be able to have a phone sitting at my house. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zane

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Have you done anything as yet? Can you specify what method / equipment / software you wish to use? What level of assistance are you seeking? The manual gives steps and they are straight forward I believe.

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

You need to have ports open on the router at home. Port forwarding on the computer with the softphone installed on it. Ports open for stun (3478), ports open for sip (5060) and for rtp

But you must have in mind that you softphone MUST have a stun server configured and resolve its public ip if you are to have any audio.

in addition to that you must have all the port forwarding configured on the server at the office and the same ports open there too... So there a bit of fiddling with NAT/Firewall/Router config. to be done but you will get there.

Also inside 3cx management console make sure you configure the external extension (the one you will have at home) to "bind to media server" and "extension is external" ticked. You will need both of them ticked if you expect to hear any audio at all.

good luck