Please let 3CX send Time in SIP Header for Cisco phones (and others)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Roeller, Apr 18, 2017.

Please let 3CX send Time in SIP Header for Cisco phones (and others) 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Roeller

As some of you maybe already know of noticed: When flashing Cisco IP phones (like the 9951, 9971 (or the older ones) with SIP software. The phones do NOT handle NTP anymore. Unfortunatelly Cisco made this decision.

Cisco says that these phones will sync with the Time in the SIP header. Yes,.. on Unified Cisco platforms it will probably do... But not on 3CX.

See: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul33490

So, my question is: "3CX, Please send the Time in the SIP header for all those Cisco friends and maybe even other phone brands"

If you don't got a Cisco Login, here is the text:
    ---------------------------
    89XX/99XX Phones will not use phone NTP reference for time (CSCul33490)

Symptom:
    8961, 9951, and 9971 phones will not use the phone NTP reference as configured for getting their time.

Conditions:
    Firmware versions 9.1(1) and later will not synchronize their time with an external NTP server. The ability to use an NTP reference for time has been turned off on 89XX and 99XX phones.

Workaround:
    The phone will sync with the timestamp in the 200 OK response to the REGISTER from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) server it registers with. There's no way to get the phone to use the time from an NTP server on the affected firmware versions.

Further Problem Description:
    This bug is for documentation purposes only.

This is intentional and by design. Conflicts between UCM derived time and NTP derived time was causing operational problems. These endpoints are only supported with UCM so the UCM method is preferred.

Last Modified: Dec 4,2015
    Severity: 3 Moderate
    Product: Cisco Unified IP Phones 9900 Series
    Support Cases: 2
    Known Affected Releases: 9.4(1)
    Known Fixed Releases: (0)
    No release planned to fix this bug

2. hshamallakh

I totally agree with you, I don't see why 3CX is not implementing it yet, I read it somewhere in the form that 3CX agreed with cisco not to fix that as well.. So annoying, have the latest pro licence for 16 lines and I totally can't use it, switched to Freepbx with the cisco patch and it just work perfectly.

Still would prefer to use 3CX but as long as they won't fix then it won't be an option for me .. 50 9971 handsets .. no point ..

3. Roeller

Even in the latest version this is not working. Which makes 3CX just a NO-GO to migrate any company/enterprise currently using Cisco phones.
    PLEASE 3CX. It is a SHAME this is not working!

4. Manuel Raña Pohls

Hi, I have the sam problem with a Cisco 9971, but it doesn´t have the correct date and time. Some one has discovered a solution?