Please Re-Add Appia as a SIP Trunk Provider

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Paul Omans, Jul 19, 2017.

?

Would you like Appia re-added as a SIP trunk provider in 3CX?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Paul Omans

Appia is no longer listed as a provider with the latest update. This is the response I got from 3CX:

I do not understand what the removal of Appia as a SIP trunk provider accomplishes. Please add it back as a SIP trunk provider, we have almost 100 trunks on 50+ 3CX tenants with Appia and we use them almost exclusively with 3CX. We have never had any major issues with Appia as a SIP trunk provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Paul Omans

I just spoke with a support representative at Appia about this problem. Here is what they said:

This was confirmed with two other Appia support technicians who basically told me the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ngsClark

I am very concerned about this as well and I hope to see APPIA added back to the SIP Trucks with 15.5.

Paul Omans likes this.
  4. Paul Omans

Fortunately, if you contact Appia support, they will provide you with template files and instructions on how to integrate their trunk template files back into 3CX.

5. Paul Omans

With the latest updates to 3CX, I still do not see Appia as a listed provider. Can someone from the 3CX staff please elaborate on what brought them to the decision to cease support for Appia? I have well over 100 Appia SIP trunks registered on over 50 3CX tenants and I have never had any serious, major issues with Appia, and their support team is always very responsive and very helpful to resolve any minor issues that may happen (I do not work for Appia, I am only a consumer of their services).

6. Paul Omans

I think I might have found why 3CX removed Appia as a certified provider: Appia now provides a hosted PBX service: https://appiaservices.com/services/voice/hosted-pbx/ This directly competes with 3CX's hosted PBX service so unfortunately that would make sense if 3CX removed Appia from it's list of supported providers, in order to stifle potential competition.

7. Paul Omans

I was not aware of this requirement. Do you have any source to back this up?

8. Brad Allison

https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/voip-provider-interop-form/
    "* Pay a yearly interop fee."

Whether it's competition concerns or refusal to pay the fee product support comes and goes and it bites. If the yearly interop fee is only $2500 that seems too small to not pay for as large of a company as they are, and even more so if they were already hosting 3cx themselves.

The reason for dropping them seems to be a common canned response.