Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Plug and Play Not Working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MCCIT, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCCIT

When I plug in a Yealink T28 phone it does not show up on the phone list as a new phone, previous phones have so the plug and play has worked before. I have checked our switches for multicast and performed a multicast check between two computers situated on different switches and successfully sent a file to receiving station via multicast so I know the switches are not blocking the traffic or at least they don't seem to be.

Does anyone have any ideas what it can be. So far to provision the phone I have set the option 66 settings and then added the phone MAC etc for the extension and this worked ok but it would be handy to have plug and play working like it did before.

marcus

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Have you tried resetting back to factory, by holding the OK button

3. MCCIT

Thanks for the prompt reply, yes, tried that, I have set the firmware to the same version as 3cx would use. I can only think it has something to do with the multicast it uses for plug and play.

I tried resetting the phone using the OK button and also resetting via the web interface, it is a brand new phone out of the box. As I say I have it provisioned now using option 66 and that worked right away.

Marcus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.