PNP Autoprovision on Yealink T48S

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xrated, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrated

Hi
    i tried to autoprovision a Yealink T48S by doing reset to factory but it wont show up in 3CX. The phone says: sending provisioning request and update skipped

- everything is in one subnet (LAN)
    - on the phone PNP is enabled
    - Firmware 66.81.0.25
    - 3CX SIP is running on 5060 UDP and no other SIP server present during that time (3CX was running on different port before, changed to 5060 without reboot)
    - DHCP options for TFTP are not set

did i miss anything?
    didnt try yet to enter provisioning url directly into the phone

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

It can take a while to show up in the phones tab, if it shows up at all. Personally I don't depend on that for provisioning, I use option 66 or the Yealink RPS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xrated

option 66 and ip-address as URL ?

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Your local provisioning link as url (in the provisioning tab of the extension)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

6. xrated

7. xrated

Fw was probably too old (required min 66.81.0.60), now it appears also without TFTP option in phone list with correct MAC address.

But when i assign it to an extension for provisioning the phone never gets changed and still shows "new" on extension. Also tried to factory reset the phone. This is the only phone i got because still testing, what is wrong?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Once you add or assign the phone an extension the management console will take you to the phone provisioning tab of the extension. There under the phone the provisioning link will be displayed. Does that provisioning link contain an IP or an FQDN? Is the phone set to local provisioning?
    If it is set to an FQDN do you have an internal DNS server that points that FQDN to the local IP of the PBX?

9. xrated

The provisioning links points to an invalid ip which i think was the old dhcp ipaddress before i changed server to fixed ip. It seems i cannot change it. Prov. method is "LAN".

Wanted to save config in extension and got this:

Code:
    d__28.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__18.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()" class="ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box; overflow: scroll; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace; font-size: 13px; padding: 9.5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 1.42857; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(237, 241, 242); border: 1px solid rgb(222, 229, 231); border-radius: 4px; height: 400px;">TCX.PBXAPI.PBXIsNotConnected: Exception of type 'TCX.PBXAPI.PBXIsNotConnected' was thrown.
       at TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.CallToPBX(Func`1 func)
       at TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.InvokeCommand(String commandName, Dictionary`2 parameters)
       at ConfigurationManagementModel.PropertySerializer.Serialize(ICfgItemInternal cfgItem, SerializeParameters serializeParameters)
       at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgItemBase.Save()
       at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Editor.Save()
       at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorService.SaveActiveObject(Int32 id)
       at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.EditController.Save(Int32 id)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__28.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__18.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
       at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

error went away after reboot but wront ip still showing up

10. DaneT

You can indeed change the IP address from the parameters section in settings, find all instances of the old IP address and change it to the new. Otherwise just reinstall 3CX it will probably be just as quick and you can make sure it is configured correctly from the get-go. Make sure you assign a static IP to the workstation first that is OUTSIDE of your DHCP scope.

11. xrated

i changed all occurrences of old to new ip, did factory reset again, still no change (also server reboot)

then i put the full provisioning address directly in the phone i.e. http://192.168.5.15:5000/provisioning/kmko7q56a3p80 (i used http://192.168.5.15:5000/provisioning as DHCP option 66)
    the phone got all settings but under phone tab on 3CX its still showing with "EXT New"

then i put the full prov. url on dhcp server, finally its showing normaly under phone tab but with fw not supported (this time 66.81.0.61, i had 66.81.0.60 like on 3cx website)

that string kmko7..... looks like its only for one individual phone, cant i put a string for all phones as DHCP option?

12. DaneT

Correct, that string can be used for all phones

13. xrated

ok, this was the problem. How do i provision a second account to the phone?
    it looks a bit limited from what can be pushed to the phone via UI.

Will it be overwritten by provisioning if i change line keys locally on the phone?

#13 xrated, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  14. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If your local IP changed the only way to correctly changing it is by performing a backup without licence and FQDN (save the backup to a non 3CX location) un-install the system and re-install using the backup and the new IP. Not everything can be changed from the custom parameters and you will face issues in the future.
    You will have to manually add a second account to the phones as this is not supported by 3CX and there is no way to do it through the management console

15. xrated

Is it really so uncommon to have multiple outgoing lines where user can decide which one to use?
    I put it on second BLF key but it gets overwritten during reboot. If i put it on the end of the provisioned keys at a new position, at least it will survive reboot. But for how long and thats not really looking nice for user, especially if the first 2 BLF keys are showing the same extension. Why 2nd BLF key gets provisioned if its same as 1st one?

About mailbox:
    If one user has 2 extensions on the phone, wont she/he be confused which pin number to enter in order to access mailbox?
    And how the user can even access the 2nd mailbox, there is only 1 mailbox button on the phone.
    If one DID is distributed to multiple different extensions, only one extension will be able to record the message?
    So if multiple users share the same DID, its best to give them all the same extension so they all can listen to voicemail?

#15 xrated, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.