PnP Provisioning Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Richard Martin, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Martin

Hi

New install of 15.5 today. Nuked our old 12.5 and have started again. Everything okay EXCEPT I cannot get the Yealink phones in our office to appear in the phones node. I have the latest firmware and have done factory resets. Windows firewall is turned off (Server 2012 R2). I've tried everything I can think of.

Multicast is all good. PnP is enabled. Extensions added ready to assign to phones. All updates to 3CX done.

The phones were all working this morning on v12.5 so only difference is v15.5.

Can someone please help?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Richard,

Firstly check your Yealink firmware is up to date, v15.5 can be very sensitive to firmware version.

Also on installation did you select local option or split DNS?

3. Richard Martin

Thanks for quick reply.

The phones have the latest firmware as recommended by 3CX (test phone in question on my desk is Yealink T22P with 7.73.0.60)

I don't remember the local or DNS option when I set up? Local if I had to guess?

4. Richard Martin

BTW I added an account to a the 3CX app on my iPhone and that's working perfectly. All roads point to a network issue but network was fine this morning which brings me back to a 3CX setting?

5. Richard Martin

So, despite having successfully made and received calls, I ran the firewall checker and got this...

• resolving 'stun-au.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'sip-alg-detector.3cx.com'... done
    • testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
      • stopping service... done
      • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
      • testing port 5060... full cone test failed (How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Tunneling Proxy... failed (How to resolve?)
      • stopping service... done
      • testing port 5090... full cone test failed (How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Media Server... failed (How to resolve?)

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Richard Martin

Run the following command in a cmd window:
    Netsh interface ipv4 show join
    Is the multicast address 224.0.1.75 listed below your interface?
    If the multicast address is not listed, please follow the instructions of this guide https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/
    In addition, make sure that you disable all other network interfaces if any, phones are in the same subnet as the PBX and that any switch involved can handle multicast messages.

7. Richard Martin

Hi Marios

Yes, I ran this earlier today and 224.0.1.75 was listed...

Thanks,
    Richard

8. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok that means that the PBX can receive the multicast messages. What are the IPs of the phone and the PBX?

9. Richard Martin

PBX is 192.168.16.2 and the phone is 192.168.16.67. Same network. Same subnet. They all worked this morning. No change to network environment - just using 15.5 instead of 12.5...

10. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Next step would be to do a packet capture on the PBX machine and see if it receives the PnP requests. If not then do a capture from the phone to see if and where it sends it.

11. Richard Martin

I recorded the syslog as the phone tried to register. I'm no expert so doen't mean much to me...

Attached Files:

12. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Its just an idea but have you run any Windows updates recently ? I have had a few partners run the latest Windows 10 updates recently which have turned Windows firewall back on.

You are using Server edition I know but worth checking also if you have.

13. Richard Martin

Thanks for the thought... Firewall definately off through all of this... SERIOUSLY frustrating!

Cheers,
    RIchard

14. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Richard Martin

Can't find anything helpful in the log. I would suggest capturing with wireshark.
    Download and run wireshark on the 3CX machine and reset a phone to factory defaults. Then filter with ip.addr==224.0.1.75 and see if any requests reach the server from the IP of the phone.

15. Richard Martin

Hi Marios

I ran a capture and from what I can see the server sees the request from the phone (192.168.16.67) to subscribe. But I don't understand what the rest means! I filtered using the phone's IP rather than 244.0.1.75 but the first line with that filter shows the PnP attempt, Not sure what happens after that! I can't seem to upload the capture file. Don't think the format is supported here? Very small file so size not the issue...

16. phil@lgmanor.com

This may seem wrong, but check this. When I "replaced" my server and decided to build from scratch, I could not get any phone to authorize and most did not show up as PNP. What happened was 3CX blacklisted the phones for to many authorization failures. I ended going into 3CX and whistling the entire subnet and restarted the services. Now I was able to get everything to work. Once all the phones were back and working, I then removed the whitelist.

Your mileage may vary...

17. Richard Martin

SOLVED

Fixed this issue by entering the IP range ino the 'IP Blacklist' section in the dashboard as an 'Allow'. Ironically I looked at this earlier but given the naming dismissed it as a problem. Of course the behaviour of the phones not being seen now makes complete sense. Perhaps 'IP Management' would be a better section name than 'IP Blacklist'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.