Policy or outbound rule for internal numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by felipeg007, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felipeg007

we have DIDs for all users.
    example 1-312-555-6001 = Smith - extension 6001
    the Telecom providers only sends last 4 digits over PRI\ISDN -- *6001 is the inbound rule.

here is my scenario :O dont ask why users dont use 4 digits ??$%$!!

some users dial internal people using the 11 digits. 1-312-555-6001 so the call leaves 3cx --> to patton , travels to the telecom provider and back into our system via the same Patton. This call is costing us twice the minutes because the provider sees it as two calls.

we cant do an outbound rule because the only option for a route is the patton. if we were able to select 3cx as a route then a outbound rule would solve my issue.

Other telephony systems have a safe guard against this , Is there a way to prevent these calls from leaving the system, policy, DID definition , inbound or outbound rule.

Thank you in advance,
    Felipe

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

My routes section has an option to BLOCK CALLS. That's a blunt way to do it, but would work.

It might be perceived more as an issue that you did not cause if you would setup an outbound rule that takes the 11 digit number and rewrites it to something that will fail via the Patton/provider - actually use the Patton/provider to generate the error. I.e. a 6 digit number that will result in an error message. Hopefully then the staff person would think it was a system error and would be therefore potentially more willing to dial correctly.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You could do a loopback but this gets messy. (I think you need 1 loopback per Extension)

-We have asked for the ability to remove 11 digits and rewrite. (Not sure this works everywhere - as my DID's do not match my Extensions at all - would need 1 rule per DID)

-We have asked for the ability to match a DID before Outbound rules.This "idea" in the forums was Rejected without a reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. felipeg007

the loop back would be great if we can use a wildcard.
    i am going to try the block method. force these users to use 4 digits. :D

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have the link to the answer bookmarked on another computer, but not the one I'm using currently...unfortunatly
    You can put in a SIP loopback trunk which sends the call out, then back in. Sy had the solution in the Partner Forum a number of years ago, and I've posted the explanation a few times, but can't find it currently. I think that you sent the trunk group to 127.0.0.1, which send is back in.
    If I come across the full explanation, I'll post it. Perhaps someone else has it bookmarked.

6. felipeg007

leejor
    are you apply this on the Patton device?

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You create a new VoIP trunk.
    Name is the extension #.
    You use a generic Voip. Set the IP to 127.0.0.1
    Set the destination to the extension

In the outbound rule, set the Path to the Loopback (not the Patton). No need to strip or add digits.
    Put these rules above the Outbound Patton rules.

(Not sure if you can use the rewrite rules to map all of these on 1 loopback or not)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You modify your outbound rules to send all of your DID numbers being dialled by employees, out on the new group. This probably means putting them ahead of the general (catch-all) rule for similar numbers. Outbound rules are read top to bottom. You'd strip, or prefix the digits so when they come back in they are recognized by your existing DID rules.

9. briankayser

What did you ever end up doing?

I just stumbled upon the idea of using the extension SIP ID.
    So if a user has a DID you can put that same number in for their SIP ID and bingo, any calls to that 10 digit number goes right to that extension (it doesn't even hit outbound rules.) It sort of acts like an alias.

The only issue right now for me is that since our old system needed a "91" to dial out, I setup a rule to allow that, even though it is not needed, but if they dial 91-DID then it won't match the SIP ID. For the the ones that just dial the 10 digit number it works great so far.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is one of the drawbacks of using a SIP ID, it can't match something else, such as an outbound rule. I believe that there have been several "feature suggestions" made to allow the deletion of enough digits, in the outbound rules, so that a complete replacement/substitution of a PSTN number could be made. This would solve the problem without having to use two licences, for each call, if you choose to use a Loop trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.