• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom 3-way conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris2k

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been toying around with 3CX lately for business project, and I was surprised to find that my trusty Polycom SoundPoint 650 didn't want to do 3-way conferences anymore.

I dug around, and eventually ran a protocol trace to be surprised that whenever I entered a 3-way conference scenario (call destination A, press conference button, call destination B, press conference button), the phone didn't want to do the channel mixing anymore, but instead wanted to do redirect both call legs to an extension called 'conference'.

I ran to the SIP provisionning template of 3CX for my Phone, thinking that 3CX leverages its internal conferencing abilities to avoid that the phone has to handle 2 call-legs (feature.16 "nway-conference") but no, everything was left to default.

What am I missing? I'm really puzzled.

Cheers

I use a Polycom IP550 and local 3 way conferences work fine with 3CX??

No kidding; I just tried a brand-new 560 today and it didn't have any issues.

So I'm guessing its probably related to the fact that I'm using a pretty-old firmware (2.7.0, 3.2.3.0002) on my Soundpoint 650, and I really never noticed until now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.