Polycom 320 external ext

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wlmoate, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlmoate

I have a Polycom 320 setup on a local network which functions fine. I have taken it and tried it as a remote ext. I have set the IP address as my fixed IP which has all the ports open but will not connect.

I am at a loss what to try now. I an give my IP and a account if someone can try connect to my PBX if that helps?

Wayne

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using the Polycom behind a router in the remote location? Have you turned on STUN on the Polycom, you'll want to make sure you've done that if you are trying to use it behind a router.

3. wlmoate

Yes I am using it behind a firewall. I can not find were to enter the stun details.

Wayne

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

It should be under Network > STUN IP

If you don't see it you may need to update firmware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. houston

Polycom's do not do STUN. They, as of the current firmware at least, cannot be made to work with a dynamic IP without some sort of helper, but can be made to work with a static one. You can specify a static public IP under the NAT section, and what ports to use and so on.

My suggestion would be first get it working directly connected to the internet with your static public IP. Once you have the phone working, then add your firewall to the mix. This way you aren't troubleshooting basic connectivity PLUS potential firewall/nat issues.

Another option is to use a sip proxy. The VOIP version of DD-WRT has one built in (though DD-WRT proved unstable on my Dlink DIR-330 routers). There are a few free Windows ones, like Winsip and Teksip. And the 3cx VOIP phone can act as a "tunnel", a wierdish proxy in a sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.