Polycom 320: Must Push 'Dial' Button after phone number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ledname, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ledname

Hello...

I am pre-deployment testing a 3CX system for my business. I have a Polycom 320 that I am testing with. I am using Callcentric as the VoIP provider. I am extremely impressed with the feature set and ease of set up of 3CX. Quality is good as well. I am having one problem on the Polycom 320. After dialing the number on the keypad, I must push the 'dial' button in order for the number called to begin ringing. This applies to 7 (or 8) or 10 (11) digit dialing.

I provision the Polycom phone using the http://ipaddress/provisioning/ address with the DHCP 66 option and have not made any modifications to the phone configuration via the phone's web GUI.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This would indicate a problem with the dialplan that is being built for the phone. Polycoms are very picky about their dialplans and digit timeout settings. Can you post the dialplan line from the 320 config file?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ledname

I am not sure I know where the config file is located. I took a guess and found c:\documents and settings\all users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning. The file is macaddress_phone.cfg ????

Here is the part of that file that references a dial plan. Hopefully this is what you were referring to?

<dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.1.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.2.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.2.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.2.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.2.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.2.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.2.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.3.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.3.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.3.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.3.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.3.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.3.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.4.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.4.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.4.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.4.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.4.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.4.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.5.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.5.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.5.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.5.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.5.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.5.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.6.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.6.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.6.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.6.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.6.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.6.applyToDirectoryDial="0">
    <digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.3.digitmap="" dialplan.3.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.4.digitmap="" dialplan.4.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.5.digitmap="" dialplan.5.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.6.digitmap="" dialplan.6.digitmap.timeOut=""/>
    <routing>
    <server dialplan.1.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.1.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.2.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.2.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.3.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.3.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.4.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.4.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.5.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.5.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.6.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.6.routing.server.1.port=""/>
    <emergency dialplan.1.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.1.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.2.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.2.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.3.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.3.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.4.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.4.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.5.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.5.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.6.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.6.routing.emergency.1.server.1=""/>
    </routing>
    </dialplan>

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Look in sip.cfg for <digitmap ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ledname

Looks like it is unconfigured.

<digitmap dialplan.digitmap="" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut=""/>

What should it be?

6. ledname

Does anyone know what the proper code is for that section of sip.cfg?

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I havent fully tested this on 3CX yet, I dont have any polycom phones in use at the moment, but I took this config from a trixbox CE test system.

<digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3"/>

8. ledname

Thank you Kerry...that was very helpful. I now have 1+xxx+xxx-xxxx dialing working without pressing "dial." Just need to figure out how to get 7 digit to work. I did a quick search for digit plans for 3CX but have not found anything detailed...looks like a trip to the Polycom admin guide is in store.

Anyone know if phone provisioning using 3CX is any easier for the other IP Phone vendors like SNOM, AAstra or Grandstream? We haven't purchased our phones yet (borrowed this Polycom from a client) and that would certainly help with the decision making.

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Add this into the dialplan:

[2-9]xxxxxx

I have used Aastra, Linksys, and the Cisco 5xx series and they all work great.

10. ledname

I'm still trying to decide which phones to purchase. Even with 3CX 8 RC2, provisioning the Polycom phones in the web GUI does not provision the digitmap. Does anyone know if provisioning via the the 3CX web GUI works properly with other phones such as SNOM and Aastra? My goal is to make provisioning simple...I would prefer to avoid editing .cfg files are logging into the phone's web GUI. I am fine with using DHCP option 66 which works well for getting the phones registered with 3CX.

Anyone have experience with the SNOM and/or Aastra provisioning process? Will modifications be required to enable 9+1+xxx-xxx-xxx calls without pressing the "dial" button on these phones as well?

Thanks in advance.

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You can edit the phone's default template
    http://www.3cx.com/support/provisioning-template.html

I personally am a big fan of the Cisco 500 series phones (http://www.voipstore.com/sneak-peak-at-the-new-cisco-spa5xx-series-phones/), they are the refresh model line that used to be the Linksys SPA9xx phones. They work great, sound great, and are easy to work with.

12. ledname

Thanks Kerry....do you (or does anyone) know....when provisioning with 3CX, will there be issues with digitmaps?

13. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The current polycom template isn't as good as it can be. The default template should really have the digitmap line added for convenience. You can edit it yourself as I have said, but I should probably do a feature request to get this fixed up nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.