• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom 320 phone fails after SP4 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolie

Reaction score
I am a 3CX newbie. I got my 3CX system working and then applied SP4, and now my Polycom 320 phone no longer connects to my 3CX phone system. It is receiving its provisioning template, but when the provisioning is complete, there is NO dial tone, NO symbol in the upper right showing that it's a registered phone, and after about 1 minute it reboots itself. It reboots over and over and over, and never functions properly.

I have done a complete reinstallation, reapplied SP4, and the result is the same. A few details:

Windows Server 2003 domain controller
3CX v9 with SP4
Polycom SIP 320 phone (it's the ONLY phone I have so far) provisioned using option 66
Skype as PSTN
Skype Gateway on another computer, connected, registered, etc.

Everything was working fine until SP4. I am going to reinstall and stay with SP3, but PLEASE somebody tell me what's going on with SP4!??!

Toolie

Hi Toolie,

There are changes in SP4 and special notes are provided for Polycom phones.
You can find detailed instructions here:
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-provisioning.html
(this link is specified in the announce of SP4: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-version-9-service-pack-4/ . See chapter "Updating your 3CX Phone System 9 installation")

Thanks

I upgraded my first phone using the instructions on this page: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-provisioning.html. Under Updating the Polycom firmware it says:

• From the UCS Split sip firmware download, take the file 'sip.ld' and paste it also in the Provisioning folder mentioned above.

There IS no file called "sip.ld" -- there are about 8 of them, all prefixed with various assembly numbers. With a lot of digging, I figured out that the Polycom 320 uses one of two:

2345-12200-002.bootrom.ld
2345-12200-002.sip.ld
2345-12200-005.bootrom.ld
2345-12200-005.sip.ld

I copied all of the above, and got the phone to provision. Now it's registered with the SP4 version of the software, but I'm unable to make calls out on my Skype Gateway. Not sure what that's about yet.

I added a second phone that had been upgraded previously, but it steadfastly refuses to register itself with the system. It's getting its provisioning; I can see the IP address, and it knows the date, time, and extension assigned to it. But the 3CX system does not see that the phone is present, and the phone does not display the user's name.

Both phones have the correct BootROM: 4.3.0.0248
Both phones have the correct SIP version: 3.3.1.0769

Noted differences between the two phones:

Phone 1: Assembly 2345-12200-002 Rev A
Phone 2: Assembly 2345-12200-002 Rev M

Configuration - Local
Phone 1: Parameters Accepted: 1
Phone 2: Parameters Accepted: 7

The end result is that I have 2 phones, neither of which work completely. I've spent 3 all-nighters already on this system plus the investment in the phones. Anybody got ideas why my phones are not working? I could really use your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.