• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom 501 autoprovision not working (0x20 error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eire

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the voip scene and I am trying to get autoprovision to work on a couple of Polycom SoundPoints 501.
I have setup the DHCP option and add the firmware from the guide on 3CX. I have also assigned the MAC address to a user.

Gets correct IP from DHCP
Running... app:sip_31x.id
Reboots
When the phone boots up "Confg File error - error is 0x20"

Tried to hold 468* to factory default as well.
Its says version 4.1.4.0122 28-sep-09 if that helps.
I am using 3CX v10 sp4.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

Just an update from my previous post.

I found this in my travels. Seems the 501 is not supported any more because of the age.

This link explains more.
http://www.888voip.com/using-older-polycom-phones-with-3cx/

I thought it was a bit strange as on the template list on 3CX there is a Polycom 501 in the list. So I would have thought it worked.

Now getting Eoor Load [MAC ADDRESS].cfg

Hahaha well all fixed anyway.
Had to download the latest 3.1.7 firmware add it to a TFTP sever. Tell the phone to grab the firmware. Then it could connect to 3CX using the legacy file.

Glad it works. As a rule of thumb:

In the admin menu of the phone, do a FORMAT FILE SYSTEM
Download and have ready in the provisioning folder the latest bootrom AND the corresponding firmware application (get the split or combined one based on the bootrom)
Allow the phone to update
It will now autoprovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.