Polycom 650 with Sidecar (Expansion Module)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianoakes, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianoakes

Is there a trick to getting the sidecar working on a Polycom 650? I am running firmware 4.x and I have added lots of BLFs.

I was expecting the them to just magically appear. :) Not so much. 3cx v11.

Any pointers??

2. brianoakes

I just figured it out. I had the wrong template selected. Sometimes you just need to stop looking at things. :) Thanks!

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Which firmware did you load on your phone?

I have downloaded 4.0.2b and 4.0.3f split and the latest boot rom and when I boot my phone it tells me its a invalid image and goes back to the 3.3.4.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. brianoakes

I am running 4.02b split. No issues with that. Been running that for a few months now.

I assume you downloaded the image again to make sure the download was ok?

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

I'll try 402b. Which bootrom did you download?

I downloaded the latest 4. Split and when I extracted it did not contain a sip.ld file. I also noticed when I reprovisioned it created a cfg file in a different format than what was used previously. It was named like polycom-fw40-Mac

I'm Omw to my customer now an will try the 2b split. Just wanted to verify which bootrom you also used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netswork

netswork Active Member

I am onsite now and I did the same tests I did at my office. I downloaded 4.0.2b and extracted it into the provisioning folder. I reprovision the phone and it reboots, trys to load sip.ld then says that it is not compatible with the device. It then continues to boot the firmware that came on the phone from the factory 3.3.3

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

I found the issue. When going from 3.x to 4.x you also have to download the "upgrader" package from polycom and put it in the same provisioning folder as the phone firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.