• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom 650 with Sidecar (Expansion Module)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianoakes

Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting the sidecar working on a Polycom 650? I am running firmware 4.x and I have added lots of BLFs.

I was expecting the them to just magically appear. :) Not so much. 3cx v11.

Any pointers??

I just figured it out. I had the wrong template selected. Sometimes you just need to stop looking at things. :) Thanks!

Which firmware did you load on your phone?

I have downloaded 4.0.2b and 4.0.3f split and the latest boot rom and when I boot my phone it tells me its a invalid image and goes back to the 3.3.4.

I am running 4.02b split. No issues with that. Been running that for a few months now.

I assume you downloaded the image again to make sure the download was ok?

I'll try 402b. Which bootrom did you download?

I downloaded the latest 4. Split and when I extracted it did not contain a sip.ld file. I also noticed when I reprovisioned it created a cfg file in a different format than what was used previously. It was named like polycom-fw40-Mac

I'm Omw to my customer now an will try the 2b split. Just wanted to verify which bootrom you also used.

I am onsite now and I did the same tests I did at my office. I downloaded 4.0.2b and extracted it into the provisioning folder. I reprovision the phone and it reboots, trys to load sip.ld then says that it is not compatible with the device. It then continues to boot the firmware that came on the phone from the factory 3.3.3

I found the issue. When going from 3.x to 4.x you also have to download the "upgrader" package from polycom and put it in the same provisioning folder as the phone firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.