Polycom 650's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by darryla, Oct 26, 2007.

1. darryla

I am hosting my own server with 3CX at a data center. I have two Polycom 650's on my desk here and a softphone on two computers.

When I dial between softphones, the following problem does not happen.

When I dial from the soft phone to a Polycom phone, I am unable to answer the call. When I pickup the handset, nothing happens. It just shows "Answer or Reject" soft-keys.

So I push Reject. After 5 or 10 seconds, it just rings again! I push reject and 5 or 10 seconds it rings again. After a while, it will stop. Or, if I hang up the softphone it will stop.

Polycom to Polycom communication doesn't work either for the same reason (can't "answer" the call)

I am, however, able to make outbound calls with the Polycoms over a VoIP gateway (InPhonex.com).

I checked the Server log. It's inconclusive:

19:58:24.127 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(33): Call from Ext.201 to 999 has been terminated by Ext.201; cause: BYE; reason: SIP;description="User Hung Up"
    19:57:48.416 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected [CM103001] Call(33): Created audio channel for Ext.201 (MYWANIPATHOME:16506) with Media Server (MYPBXSERVERATDATACENTER:9122)
    19:57:32.833 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(33): Incoming call from 201 (Ext.201) to sip:102@phone.darrylthomas.com

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

What happens when you press Answer? I haven't used those phones yet but it sounds you can answer the call or reject it. You said you pushed reject so to me that sounds like you don't want to take the call.

3. darryla

When I press answer to answer the call, the speakerphone flashes like it's about to connect the call, but then it quickly goes back off and the screen continues to show "answer, reject, foward".

If I choose to pick up the handset to answer the call instead, it does not connect the call.

If I choose reject instead, it does reject it, but 20 seconds later, it rings again.

It seems like the phone is not able to tell the PBX what it decided to do. The phones are behind a NATing firewall. A D-Link DGL-4300. Is it my NAT?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It looks like a mix of external/local IPs in configuration on one(or both) side(s) of call.

Without logs (WireShark network packets capture is preferred) it is very difficult to investigate network related issues.