Polycom 670

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cylosoft, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cylosoft

I've got a new system up and running with Polycom 670's. A couple of things I can't figure out.

When the phone boots it pulls in extensions, global phone book, and personal phone book. If the users sets any speed dials on these or does anything to rearrange them it's lost when the phone reboots. Any way to fix this or to at least control what gets added?

The microbrowser seems to get reset to nothing. I've tried setting this on the phone's web admin, but it gets reset to nothing.

Thanks.

2. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Hi cylosoft,

I'm setting up a system myself at the moment using Polycom handsets, and they're proving to be a bit of a headache but I'm getting there (I've got one 670 but it's running a beta bootrom, so my 650's are closest to your setup).

When you rebooot the phone, if using provisioning, the '.cfg' file being pushed to the phone will overwrite everything so that's what's happening here.

If you want to take a look at the final .cfg file that's pushed to the phone it's found under...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

... and is prefixed by the phones MAC address then '-phone.cfg'.

Yes, you can crate your own templates in a different folder to the above location but the above file is what gets pushed to the phone. You could make changes directly to this file to prevent the speed dials getting blown away, however, be aware that if you alter anything to do with the provisioning of the phone via the 3CX consoles you'll overwrite this file and loose your custom settings.

I've reached the point where to achieve what I realy need with 3CX and Polycom handsets I'm having to alter the MAC address config files and keep backup copies of them. A bit of a headache for a small installation (18+ handsets), but I'd imagine a nightmare for anything larger that has a high turnover of staff !.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.