Polycom BLF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vapilot75, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapilot75

Hello,

We use Polycom 550’s and 650’s with 3CX. The phones work very well, and 3CX does a great job. One item we have been exploring is the use of BLF, and the possible addition of the Polycom Sidecar to some of our phones. It doesn’t seem to quite work. Here’s what I know.
    Polycom has two types of BLF, one which uses the <ATTENDANT> tag, and one which is a “Buddy List”. Buddy List doesn’t really do BLF.

The attendant tag sort-of works. Configuring it as specified allows me to monitor ONE extension for true BLF, and that works great. However, there is no way to monitor more than one line. This has led me to believe that Polycom is expecting to register against 3CX and monitor some sort of list based on all the contacts I am watching on that particular phone. No matter what I do, I can’t get the attendant tag to support more than one BLF against the 3CX. I use the tag:
    <attendant attendant.uri="101@192.168.1.15" attendant.reg="1"/>
    Which registers line 101.

I reached out to Polycom, but they indicated they only support Broadsoft as a PBX, and couldn’t advise me since I used 3CX. Has anyone had any success with this, or does anyone have a better concept of what the actual issue might be (with or without a solution – just for my sanity).

Thanks,

Brandon

2. corporate3

I would like to know about this too. I've tried everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.