Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom handsets, configuration tips and advice ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I'm in the process of setting up a 3CX v9 system for approx 18 users, using Polycom SPIP 450 + 650 handsets and I'd love any advice or tips on setting the handsets up. We're primarily using Polycom handsets as the husband of the director of the business works for Polycom ;-)

Now I'm happy with setting up DHCP reservations for their MAC addresses, assign correct DHCP option 66 settings, and provisioning the hansets via the extension and default templates. Following guides on here I've allready tweaked the 'linekeys' setting.

Something that I'm not happy about, and I'm hoping that this is not something we're stuck with, is that after dialing one of our four figure extension I then need to press a button on the handset to 'send' the call. Should it not just automaticaly dial the extension ?.

Thanks.

2. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Actualy, thinking about this, do I need to create and Outbound Rule to cover the dialing of internal four figure extensions ? (our extensions start with the number 5).

3. dsnyc

Regarding having to press the dial button, try dialing the number and wait... count the # of seconds. It should eventually dial. This is configured for each phone individually. I believe it is called interdigit long timer and interdigit short timer. You can set the # of seconds after which valid/invalid numbers are entered for it to automatically dial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Hi dsync,

I waited five minutes after entering the four figure ext and I'm afraid it did not dial withouth me manualy pressing 'send'.

The standard Polycom provisioning template shipped with 3CX v9 does not have the config items you mention above, I'll have a Google.

Also I purchased maintenance with my 3CX license so I'll pursue this issue via that as well.

Thanks.

5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

A quick Google points to the <digitmap/> XML tag being involved here.

I'll try and work out what I need to set this to whilst I wait for my 3CX support login to arrive...

6. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I've altered the dialplan.digitmap as required for a four figure extension, however, it still does not work (Polycom handset has been reset to get the new configuration).

Looking at the web config page for the phone itself I don't see that 3CX has pushed the digitmap out to it though as the box for it is blank :(

7. pjr

pjr New Member

have you amended the template to include the digitmap?

we had to do this to get it working

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Yep, the template has the digitmap, but it looks like this setting is not being pushed out as part of the provisioning for some reason.

Desperately waiting for my login details for http://support.3cx.com/ so that I can create a support request.

9. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Unfortunately it's starting to look like using Polycom handsets with 3CX is not a good idea (dialplan.digitmap not supported via provisioning, and so far BLF not working), wishing now I'd gone with Cisco, but my hands have been somewhat tied in regards to what handsets I could purchase.

10. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

BLF's are now working, but the handsets SIP application needed to be updated to the latest version (v 3.2.3.1734).

Now if a way can be found of getting the dialplan.digitmap to be set correctly via the provisioning template from 3CX then my phone system is ready to go and I can get my DDI's ported over to a SIP trunk provider (VoIP-Unlimited in the UK is the one I've chosen).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.