Polycom IP5000 Provisioning File Location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ian Price, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian Price

I registered a Polycom Soundstation IP5000 on the 3CX and it came up with the extension number etc, but didn't register to the 3CX. (URL Dialling was disabled)

I then found that it was not version 4 firmware, so I downloaded the firmware files and extracted them into the provisioning folder as instructed.

The problem is that I cannot clear the original provisioning, the Admin password has changed from 456 so I cant factory default it.

How can I clear the provisioning file from 3CX and default the phone?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ian Price

If the phone provisioned through 3CX then the admin password can be found under extension settings / Phone Provisioning. Choose your phone from the drop down menu and scroll down to Phone Web Page Password. Use that password to log into the phone and reset it

3. Ian Price

Unfortunately I have deleted the original provisioning on the extension, but the phone still thinks its provisioned

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

5. Ian Price

Yes I have tried that, lets me put the MAC address in and clears the config, but as soon as I connect to the 3CX it picks up the old extension number again. Its like there is a file that its picking up to re-provision it again, even though I have deleted all the provisioning in the 3CX extensions. I have looked in the local 3CX provisioning folder to see if there is a file with the phones MAC address but cant see it.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you have DHCP option 66 configured to provision these phones? If so have you tried disabling that?

7. Ian Price

Yes, in TFTP32, if I take out this option the phone does not get its extension number. But I need to set option 66 if I want to try and re-provision

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

ok, so you now have a factory reset phone which you want to upgrade and re-provision. You can now follow this guide to upgrade and reprovision the phone. Place the files to the appropriate folder and create a new extension for the phone. Re-enable option 66 and the phone should get the new provisioning file.

9. Ian Price

Do the firmware files need to be extracted into the root of the provisioning folder, or the folder polycom-410 put into the provisioning folder ?

10. Ian Price

I have defaulted the phone and provisioned it to another extension. It is getting the extension number but not getting the firmware upgrade although I have put the files in the provisioning folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.