Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom Multi DID to Line Buttons

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by readingfire, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. readingfire

I am relatively new to 3CX. I have 2 phones configured manually with the web gui. These are extensions 10 & 11. I have set up all call which rings all phones correctly. However, I have 2 incoming sip lines with associated DID's.

On DID 1 I want Line 1 to ring.

On DID 2 I want Line 2 to ring.

I would also like to use the Line Busy LED's on the phones. For example.. Should Line 1 (DID 1) be in use on ext 10 I would like the Line 1 LED to show RED.

Has anyone achieved the above or can offer any help?

Regards

Martin

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

When you say line one and line two are you referring to the extensions? do you have to physical lines coming in the building and want to distinguish between the two. Or a certain phone you consider line one, and another line two? Please be a little bit more specific on what exactly your trying to do. That may help you get an answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. readingfire

Ok.. I have 2 SIP Lines registered with providers. Each has a different number. On the phone (Polycom 550) I have Softkeys that I have called Line 1 and Line 2.

I would like the first SIP account to ring the softkey known as "Line 1" and the second SIP account o ring the softkey known as "Line 2"

The phone itself is known as extension 10.

Regards

Martin

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can assign each phone to a BLF key and make all calls going to one sip trunk assigned to a particular phone, though I dont believe you can assign the sip trunks to a BLF key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Assuming the 550 is a mutli-account capable phone, you could actually assign two extensions to each phone and then direct the associated DID#1 to ring account/extension 10 and then have DID#2 ring extension 11; then its just a matter of which button you have assigned to reflect each account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.