polycom outgoing call via MyPhone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

when i make call via MyPhone, first i get incoming call on my polycom phone (from:MakeCall), then i press Answer button and after that outgoing call is proccessed. How can I make direct outgoing call via MyPhone, on yealink that is by default...

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure I follow your question. You can initiate a call using the MyPhone app and it will cause the phone whose extension the MyPhone app is registered to make a call regardless of phone make. So, if you have extension 100 on the MyPhone app and the hard phone also assigned extension 100 is a Yealink, then using the MyPhone app to make a call will cause the Yealink phone to react accordingly.

The "by default" seems (to me) to be implying that regardless of the extension that the MyPhone app is associated to, you want to initiate a call from the app, but have the hard phone always be a particular Yealink. If this is the desire, then sorry, this is not possible as this suggests that the Yealink is dynamic in how it registers to the extension that is currently using the MyPhone app to make a call.

Not knowing more of the specifics, you could get a Yealink phone that supports multiple accounts and register each account as a different extension, but this also means that anyone using MyPhone at any location who also has the same extension as those on the Yealink will also cause that Yealink to "make call" if so invoked.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

I have e.g. yealink extension 100, and login intoa myphone with extension 100 login, when i select some extension in myphone app and right click to that extension and select "call" that call is going to call another extension automatically, with polycom when i do the same thing i must press answer button on that poloycom phone (the outgoing call is not automatically send to dialed extension/number) as with yealink

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Ok, got it.

You are wanting to use MyPhone to initiate a all and have the polycom react like a yealink in that the yealink will dial immediately without having to lift a handset, hit send, etc. What model polycom? I have some at a customer site and will check, but off-hand I do not know.

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

That`s right.. I also checked template but could not find anything which can be connected with this situation...

Model=Polycom 650 IP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.