• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.hadley

Reaction score
Has anyone got paging working with Polycom Phones

I am using a Poly Ip501 with Sip 316 and 3CX V10 SP6 (Manual Provisioned)

It looks like I need to change something in the Sip Config file so that the phone can understand the auto-answer instruction in the header but I can't quite see what.

When the phone is added to a paging group it just rings. I can add 3CX Phone and a Grandstream OK but the Polycom just rings.

I do not use Polycoms - but with my Yealinks I had to enable intercom... just a thought.

Yes that's the problem. With phones that have a web interface its generally quite easy to enable the setting. I just can find the relevant setting in the Sip Config file the Polycom.

Any help gratefully received.

No I enable the setting in the 3cx template... thankfully someone before me had a lot of experience fine tuning things.

That wasn't a bad idea.

Although I don't configure the phone from 3CX I set it do so and there you go, all the lines I needed to copy into my actual config files from the ones generated by 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.