Polycom Password Reset?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by grnerd, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnerd

I have several Polycom SPIP331 phones that I am trying to reprovision to our new 3CX system. They are currently provisioned to the test 3CX server I built when evaluating 3CX, and now I cannot get them to refresh their DHCP lease to get the Option 66 that points to the new server.

I have tried to access the advanced settings on the phone, but it will not accept the old admin password, the default of 456, nor will it reset to the MAC address as described in all of the things I have found by doing a search on Google.

I tried looking at the provisioning template in 3CX, and changing %%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%% to 12345, but that did not work either.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you come across this site?

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-reset-Factory-default-my-Phones-configuration/td-p/4307

Go down to Option 2 via the Multiple Key combination:

3. grnerd

I figured out my problem. Firstly, the phone was getting the Option 66, but I had not removed the checkmark for "disallow use of extension outside of the LAN" so I was not seeing the changes.

Then I figured out the the admin password gets reset by 3CX and can be found in the Phone Provisioning tab.

Learning quickly... thanks for responding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.