Polycom Phone Default Gateway.....

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcgaryt, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcgaryt

I have another weird problem...I just can't help but finding them.....

I have a several Polycom 500/501. My 3CX server is multihomed. Real IP Address to the internet, and a 10.X.X.x series of address for internal. If I set the default gateway (0.0.0.0) to the internet facing card, and then set a route 10.X.X.X mask 255.255.255.0 10.X.X.R (where r is my default router LAN ) none of the Polycoms can register or originate calls, though they can receive. On the other hand if I set the second route to 10.X.X.X mask 255.255.255.0 10.X.X.H (where H is the host running 3CX) all is well. Only problem I have is that I cannot VPN into the network and manage my 3CX server without the router route.... Last winkle is that the Grandstreams I have work like a champ either way.

When I have the "router route" setup, and wireshark the packets I get a 407 Proxy authentication error every time the telephone tries to register, and I get no entries into the 3CX log...

Any ideas out there.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

i assume you have two network cards in the 3CX server? 1 that has a direct connection to the internet and the other to the local network?

Your best way to resolve this is to only list 1 gateway / router address to the main network card interface and then the local internal card just enter in the IP address and subnet and leave the rest blank.

Without understanding your network setup in more detail, it’s hard to give any more info at this stage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcgaryt

Thanks for thoughts. You are right I have two nic's one to LAN and one to WAN (with Public IP). I have the WAN card configured as 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 gateway to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (my default router on the Public side). The LAN card is configured with 10.0.2.X mask 255.25.255.0 with no default gateway. If I go into the route table and add the route of 10.0.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.0.2.G (where G is the LAN router to internet) the polycom phones (which all reside on the 10.0.2.0 network) quit working though others continue to work fine. I am trying to add the 10.0.2.0 route because I from time to time log on thorugh VPN on that router to manage the entire network. Absent that route I cannot reach the LAN side of the telephony server to manage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.