Polycom phone provisioning but not registering post-SP5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Toolie, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toolie

I have 2 Polycom 320 phones on my 3CX system. I upgraded my Phone #1 in preparation for SP4 using the instructions on this page: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-provisioning.html. Under Updating the Polycom firmware it says:

"From the UCS Split sip firmware download, take the file 'sip.ld' and paste it also in the Provisioning folder mentioned above."

There IS no file called "sip.ld" -- there are about 8 of them, all prefixed with various assembly numbers. With a lot of digging, I figured out that the Polycom 320 uses one of two:

2345-12200-002.bootrom.ld
    2345-12200-002.sip.ld
    2345-12200-005.bootrom.ld
    2345-12200-005.sip.ld

I copied all of the above, and got the phone to provision. Now it's registered with the SP5 version of the software, but I'm unable to make calls out on my Skype Gateway. Not sure what that's about yet.

I added a second phone that had been upgraded prior to purchase, but this Phone #2 steadfastly refuses to register itself with the system. It's getting its provisioning; I can see the IP address, and it knows the date, time, and extension assigned to it. But the 3CX system does not see that the phone is present, and the phone does not display the user's name.

Both phones have the correct BootROM: 4.3.0.0248
    Both phones have the correct SIP version: 3.3.1.0769

I noticed differences between the two phones:

Phone 1: Assembly 2345-12200-002 Rev A
    Phone 2: Assembly 2345-12200-002 Rev M

Configuration - Local
    Phone 1: Parameters Accepted: 1
    Phone 2: Parameters Accepted: 7

The end result is that I have 2 phones, neither of which work completely, either with SP4 or SP5. I've spent 3 all-nighters already on this system plus the investment in the phones. Anybody got ideas why my phones are not working? I could really use your help.

I'd even be willing to pay the right helpful professional to get this straightened out for me.....

Thanks,

Toolie

2. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Hi Toolie,

I'm no expert but I'll help if I can (as a fellow Polycom user). I'm presuming that you don't have paid support with 3CX or a partner ?.

First of all did you buy the 320's recently ?, you may not be aware but they are a discontinued model now, maybe try and get them taken back and replaced with 321's ?.

The 320 that can't make outbound calls, can it call another internal extension ?.

Regarding the second phone, now I'm not certain if the menu structure is the same on this model as some other but could you do the following ?...

Menu -> Status -> Lines

... I'm presuming that it won't show anything as being regsitered ?. Maybe a good first step on this second phone would be to disable the 3CX provisioning (and delete the MAC specific provisioning fiels from the server), reset the phone back to factory settings, and then manualy configure just Line 1 on the phone via a web browser (all you need to fill in are the Identification and Server 1 settings). Lets take the 3CX native provisioning out of the equation and take baby steps here to work this out ?.

Thanks.

3. Utred

I'm kinda familiar with the Polycom's to degree, but it's more the 330 series.

The sip.ld file is the 2345-12200-002.sip.ld file... or something like it. Generally the ***-12200-*** denotes the hardware system, and yes, it's not related to model number. If you've got a higher version file the polycom should grab it.

Very quickly - for the phone that can't make calls - what are your out bound rules like? For the phone that won't register - have you done "format local - reboot" - "format device - reboot" from the phone? Possibly have an artifact of config left over?

Otherwise I'd be on wireshark looking at what files it was requesting and seeing what it was or wasn't getting.

4. geekecosse

Gutted that SP5 killed my Polycom IP450 too. Do not do much if anything with my 3CX install it just worked and I just clicked update once a month. Only have one phone on it and I use 3CX as a method of having a IVR, and also least cost routing.

The phone is now in free fall and constantly rebooting and to be honest I am pretty peed off that this was not in any release notes as a Polycom is a fairly mainstream phone.

These are the screens I get:

Welcome x seconds until auto reboot
    Waiting for network to initialize
    Updating initial configuration
    Loading applicationChecking application
    Running Ap -sip.ld
    Welcome Processing config this may take a few seconds
    Reboot initiated

Phone details:
    Polycom IP 450
    Rev 3.1.0.0147

Looking at http://www.3cx.com/blog/ip-phone-configuration/upgrading-firmware-polycom/ I do not even have a C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http folder never mind a C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

Also gutted there is no roll back function for the Service Packs.

Anyone able to hand hold to help me out as this is my only line for my soho.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.